Megan racing, stepped up their game?

Nocture

Reaction score
Being that I developed a hole in the flex pipe of my exhaust. I decided to "upgrade" to Megan Racing. Being that this company is basically an eBay product, I was surprised to see this. Warranty card, nice welds (I'm guessing), new logo, and a name plate. How long have they been doing this?

ab1a25b3.jpg

8e64aac7.jpg

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
My OBX has really nice welds also. I'd say MEGAN and OBX are a step above the other products on Ebay. I've only had 2 after market headers. My ebay no names lasted at least 4 years and my OBX have lasted over a year now

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I would have someone go over the welds on the primaries and collector.

That's so you don't have to pull them off later and have them re-welded; have it done now. They put those pretty welds on em, but the layer of material is thin and ends up cracking at the primary flange. All the v6 headers do it, as well as the flex pipe breaking down and leaking at some point for most of em.

Have someone make em "beefy" so they never crack. It won't look pretty but it will be "functional". Matt likes to say: Function > form

Nocture

Reaction score
"basically an ebay product" was the moment my hand met my face

lol I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. :huh:

My OBX has really nice welds also. I'd say MEGAN and OBX are a step above the other products on Ebay. I've only had 2 after market headers. My ebay no names lasted at least 4 years and my OBX have lasted over a year now

All in all, this does look nice... but like wheelman said, it's the inside that counts

That's so you don't have to pull them off later and have them re-welded; have it done now. They put those pretty welds on em, but the layer of material is thin and ends up cracking at the primary flange. All the v6 headers do it, as well as the flex pipe breaking down and leaking at some point for most of em.

Have someone make em "beefy" so they never crack. It won't look pretty but it will be "functional". Matt likes to say: Function > form

thanks for the insight. Might have to do that.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Do eeet

I must just have good luck

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Wheelman, i would have to disagree a bit. It's not really a matter of how much filler metal you deposit in a weld, but rather the penetration of the weld itself. Just 2 cents from someone who both TIG and MIG welds.

From the picture you really can't tell how good those welds are. While the filler metal was laid down nicely (as you can see from the beads), that's about all you can tell. That being said, honestly I would have no problem putting a set of Megan Racing headers on my car...if it were NA :p. The exhaust on the car was an ebay exhaust and it has been on there for almost 7 years now. Back when it was NA it had ebay headers and those were fine for 2 years before i boosted it. A buddy of mine has Megan Racing headers and those have been good for a year now and a trip to Cali and back to NY.

TL;DR, Megan Racing headers are fine for a budget build and for the typical I/H/E. If you're not doing an all motor NA build with HyTech parts....MR will do just fine

Reactions: Bax

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I've come up on this site thinking Megan was a pretty reputable brand. I know they're eBay, but I have nothing against any of their products.

CHID0

Reaction score
Is there another o2 bung aside from the one on the #3 exhaust?

Back