Re: Might be obtaining a...GTI 20th

2:53pm justin posted in here
2:56pm i couldnt find the thread
3:03pm the thread was created

:lawl:

Skyy

Reaction score
Re: Might be obtaining a...GTI 20th

Drove the gti today, and it overall didn't feel very solid.
It also was making random noises all throughout 1st gear.

Needless to say, I didn't even bother making an offer.

Back to the drawing board :mad:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
my advice, stop looking at cars for sale, and start figuring out what you want. not some vague idea, but an honest assessment of what it is you're wanting. 2 or 4 door, turbo or na, fwd/awd/rwd, euro/jap/us, etc, etc, etc

figure out what you're after then go find it. I know what car i'm going to buy when the accord craps out, so i'm saving up to get it. Its taken me a few years to figure out what car I wanted to buy when the time comes, and when I figured it out that was one less thing to worry about. if you just take some car because it kinda fits what you want and the price is right and your parents are wanting you to buy a car then you're going to regret it eventually. you won't love it the way you could and in the end it'll be a half hearted adventure.

Skyy

Reaction score
Honestly, there are no necessary qualities for a car to have. Like I said, I can name cars that I like and am looking for, but honestly they don't share many qualities.

the only "quality" they share, is the quality of potential, and day to day drive-ability.

Example: If I wanted a "fast" car, i'd go buy my friends LSx swapped rx7. Theres no day to day drive-ability there though.

I honestly feel as if there are no cars like this in my area. Go out about 100 miles and there's plenty of stuff, but with my current situation, that isn't really an option. All I can do now is be patient, and wait for something to pop up.

Patience is a virtue.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
160+ replies and you have no idea what to get

jesus, just pick a car already

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
This thread is boring me.

With your budget, I could think of at least ten cars I would want to buy. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have to say, OP, that I understand your approach to buying the car. You have said that you are not partial to a brand, 4dr vs 2dr, 4cyl vs V6, etc etc. But I think that this approach is partially contributing to your difficulty finding what you want. From the beginning I've been suggesting really thinking about what you want in your next car, and while I understand that you are flexible, I still think you should try to narrow down your requirements/wants. This could be one car, or five. But at least then you'll be only looking for prices on that one car, or those five cars.

Back