Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Mikey's 2001 Accord Coupe EX

That's my debate as well. I want that ability to lower and adjustability but coils will give me a stiffer ride than what Id like. I like that cushy, OEM-like ride. And plus, I dont want, or need, to be tucking tires. Id just like to ditch most, if not all, of my gap and still have a nice ride.

I think once Ive had them for a while and I get used to a lowered car/ride, I'll look into full coils. Either F2T2 or maybe even a full Eibach setup like Chris is going for.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Perhaps you should just buy my setup.....:thumbup:

"full eibach"?

Mikey

Reaction score

Im not sure about personality-wise, but (I think) Chris and I are a lot alike car-wise. He just has a little more class, elegance and money than I do, lol. I dont need anything flashy or extravagant. A subtle drop, exhaust and a few little pieces here and there is all I need. He just took the leap and went J32/6spd. :jerkit:

Lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with finding inspiration from a fellow 6GA Member.

You have to do what is best for you/your needs.

You don't want to start modding based on peer pressure, you do what brings out your personality in the car.

Mikey

Reaction score

"full eibach"?
Im a fan of new things, sorry, lol.

And by full I mean a full, all-Eibach setup. Struts and springs, as opposed to an Eibach/Koni combo.

But I know plenty of people with the Koni/Eibach setup, on mulitple different cars and they love it and praise it, so...

Mikey

Reaction score

Trust me, Im no fool to peer pressure, lol. I heard **** for years for not lowering my last car and I never lowered it, lol.

I havent seen EVERYONE'S car here but I took note of Chris' early on and Ive seen in person and I like it. I like his style. He reminds of a buddy of mine in STL and both guys are cool, collected and know what they want and it shows in their cars and the work they do. It's performance and it's function, with a little form, but it's done tastefully and in proper fashion.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I haven't seen Eibach shocks for our cars, but I haven't really looked in to that, so I guess they make them.

What about Ground Controls instead of Eibach springs? The GC's come with Eibach springs as well.

Mikey

Reaction score

It's either a spring/strut combo or Eibach might even make a full CO kit for our cars. IDK either, lol.

My buddy said that if I dont go Eibach, I should go GC but have them rated just like the Eibachs. We'll see. Maybe I just dont know but when I think GC, I think "cheap suspension". I dont know why though, lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You're always looking at the hard stuff, PFM + heated mirrors, full coilovers for our cars that aren't made yet.......:lawl:

GC probably remind you of ebay coils, but far from the same thing.

There have been alot of great reviews on those as well.

Mikey

Reaction score

Lol. I like the little, finer things; heated mirrors, wood wheels, CF roof spoilers... :p

Back