Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Mikey's 2001 Accord Coupe EX

Aimed the fogs. They're where they're "supposed to be" but I feel they could come up a tiny bit more. I also feel like they put out a lot of "side light". They cant be aimed L/R, so..IDK.

Having them made me realise my lows are too low too, lol. But being HIDs, I dont want them being too high so I many adjust them up just a smidge.

NGP_UA5

Reaction score

Aimed the fogs. They're where they're "supposed to be" but I feel they could come up a tiny bit more. I also feel like they put out a lot of "side light". They cant be aimed L/R, so..IDK.

Having them made me realise my lows are too low too, lol. But being HIDs, I dont want them being too high so I many adjust them up just a smidge.

Side light is good though.

Mikey

Reaction score

I suppose. But it's even more than what my CB had. Im not saying they're off or broken, its just not what Im used to.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Your CB set the standard, the CG improved upon it.......

only in some ways, though.

Mikey

Reaction score

If the HIDs dont do it in the fogs, Im thinking about picking up some yellow lamin-x. Thought about maybe even picking up a sheet of blue for the mirrors. :p

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Mikey's 2001 Accord Coupe EXV6

Ugh....

Not sure why but I have heated mirrors on the brain. I HATE wiring.

I wanna say fukk it, but at the same time I wanna do this because it's kind of a big project and I wanna blaze a trail. Lol.

My biggest issue, at the moment, is figuring out the plugs on the doors. The CDM plugs are different than the USDM plugs. So before I even go wiring anything, I need to snag a few extra USDM plugs. I thought about cutting/using my USDM ones but then that would render my old mirrors useless and that's a no-no.

Once I get the CDM mirrors to plug into my USDM doors, I can just wire up the heated portions. Driver's side is cake as 1 of the black wires is a ground and the other goes into the, blank, #6 hole on the USDM master switch plug.

The passenger side isnt so easy. It also has 5 wires as opposed to 3. One, again, is ground, however, the other 4 have to go through TWO underdash relay boxes. Since I dont know the location of said boxes, that means tracing wire.

That's where I get frustrated, lol.

Luckily, again, the USDM wiring is all the same. I'll just have to run/extend one wire

If/when I make a DIY for this, I better get mad props. Im talking like hella rep and a "Mr. DIY" badge or some sh!t. Lol.

Mikey

Reaction score

My newest project came in today.....my tablet owns me so, pics to come, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score

Teaser.

394019_10150472631181463_561646462_9093499_1999973741_n.jpg

Back