Mods?! U part of racing team 5zigen? Intake, cam gear...

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
Coming home from the store and got pulled over again. Goin' 30 mph in 35 mph zone, guess cuz I was the only one on the road, right off tully. First thing he asks is if I was part of racing team 5zigen (I wish). LOL. It was cuz I have a "Team 5zigen" license plate frame. It was for an intake and adjustable cam gear. Stupid thing is I have the carb sticker for my Injen intake at home which I was planning to put it on before seeing the ref for my previous fix-it (exhaust, intake). Skunk2 Cam gear left exposed. The cop had this diagram of the engine bay with arrows and stuff pointing out illegal stuff - funny diagram, he was trying to compare and find everything on the diagram. Match and point, I see a cam gear, yah! - he did it! I guess it was stupid of me to take so long to set up an appointment with the ref. The dumb thing also is that he made it so as if I was some racing god so he put it as a non-correctable ticket. So I guess when I go to the ref:
**Put my darn carb sticker on - it's freakin' legal!
**Have'em check the dbs, I know it's under 95db unless they make me go 5k rpm
**Change my cam gear back for the ref, I didn't know it was illegal, stupid me

-So yeah, has anybody already gone through the ref? How is the testing? Are they understanding, cool? The cam gear, do I leave the cover on or off so they can see I actually changed it? I was trying to see all the things on the diagram but is there a source that clears up what is legal and illegal?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Damn. Sorry you got pulled over. I guess he didn't have anything else to do. :rolleyes:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah seriously, what kind of dumb **** is that?
i can imagine a cop like a 5 year old with a pre-school puzzle book.
YAY I MATCHED ONE!!!!
lol.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So...either thats a typo or did he really pull you over for going 5 under the speed limit?

Neight

Reaction score
dang san jose? I used to live near tully. that sucks. So he basically pulled you over for having a modded car? hmmm and no carb sticker? umm what is the "ref" ? I lived in Cali all my life, but I don't know what the ref is... ????

Last edited:

kapao818

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
So...either thats a typo or did he really pull you over for going 5 under the speed limit?

yea seriously...5mph UNDER?

angelplus

Reaction score
Well, I watched this video about how California cops are cracking down on street racers. I bet many of you have seen it. But it also states that they can pull you over for just having an aftermarket exhaust. They're fricken hogs when it comes to this. They will do anything to their power to make you return to stock or w/e... SO **** California and their stupid laws. Thats why I would never mod a car out there ;)

Neight

Reaction score
and they are only pulling over azn cars? !? like hondas, acuras, toyotas etc.
if they pull hondas over for being "loud" they better be pulling over mustangs and carmaros as well. I know those cars are way louder than any accord.

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
Damn Discrimination! we should uprise against the LAW! this is unfair treatment. i think we as a committee should bring this to CONGRESS. and state our case....

Back