Reaction score
hey guys..
IMG_2681.jpg

into

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

i know what you guys thinking..."what the hell are u thinking"
lol well i thought i would experiment today and i totally failed.
it was harder than i thought.
I used bondo.. to bond it.
Does anyone know the proper way to do this?
Right now it is uneven, even if i kept sanding there would be little holes.
Any suggestions??
thanks guys

AV_SICK

Reaction score
Re: Body molding?

if you use too much bondo its gonna crack with quickness, cut something to fill/cover the gap first than fill with bondo, that might help with the uneveness, if you have little holes, polyester puddy might help

itzstevo

Reaction score

once everything is done take a picture. from the bondo front bumper pictures this might actually look pretty good.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score

for sure dude. I'm just finding a way to fill in those holes in the bondo. like what eddie said, i might use the polyester puddy thing and see how that goes.

leviathann

Reaction score

Go to your nearest body shop supply store. They a special urethane that is applied with a heat gun and will allow you to mold/fix your bumper..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya when sanding bondo you reach air pockets that need to be re-filled with more bondo if not sanded out smooth.but then probably by that time youl have a dip and need to fill it back up..
as long as you dont flex it to much putting it back on,ect it should last..we use polyester filler on bumpers at work and its fine..just primer it,block it then paint it.
iv done so much body work its not even funny how much bondo sucks..lol but just spend some time with it sanding,filling.sanding..eventually itl turn out good.

edit;if the holes are air bubbles and not just where the bondo seaped through the cracks then you should mix it with a folding like method instead of stiring it..that causes air pockets inside the bondo*cant see it but when sanding out you will see.

Last edited:

keychain

Reaction score
Interesting idea. While your at it, might as well finish up the grill and maybe shave the license plate holder.

Back