Mounting a lip kit

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
for the OEM replica lip kit, where exactly are the mounting points, i have looked around, and no one seems to have pointed them out with diagrams or pictures that have been windows painted on... so if anyone would be as so kind to pull something up, it would be greatly appreciated!

i've already looked around the wheel wells and saw to screw points near the bottom kinda like how the mud flaps get mounted, looken for under bumper points, and all others around the car if possible... looking to do whole kit soon so yeah, any/ all help appreciated

itzcharlie

Reaction score
its not to hard to figure out. :poke:
front lip- mount by the wheel wells
side skirts- mount on stock sides
rear lip mount by wheel wells and on the bottom as well

kn0x47

Reaction score
the replica's dont have mounting brackets like the real oem stuff does. you'll just have to do like charlie said

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
its not to hard to figure out. :poke:
front lip- mount by the wheel wells
side skirts- mount on stock sides
rear lip mount by wheel wells and on the bottom as well

thank you, and i kinda figured, was justhoping there would be more places to secure the pieces... maybe i could make my own? tap a new hole and screw in???:ioc:

Cpyro

Reaction score
double sided 3M tape and self tapping screws! :p

itzcharlie

Reaction score
3mm double sided tape might not work cause the edges to the oem rep lip kit are thin. Not enough space to put 3mm tape u could put it between stock sides and oem rep sides and maybe the middle portion of the front lip :p i have a oem rep kit so i know what your going through

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I made my own mounting brackets out of L brackets for the side skirts of my Mugen replica kit when I had my Accord. No pics though.....

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
yeah, even if i cut the tape so tha it holds, even just a little bit, and the L brackets arent a bad idea either... i can always ask my grandfather to make some up in his shop if i give him dims... well let me first focus on collecting the pieces :D (yes i havent gotten them yet, but theres a guy near me whos got them color matched and predrilled, all i have to do is get screws and prep car)

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
update: got the Front lip, need to sell a few things to get money for the rear, any good places to find the sides anyone??? the guy im getting it from doesnt want to get rid of the sides... :wtf1:

Back