mounting OEM Rear Lip on 98 rear bumper

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yeah i know but OP can still go through with that technique if he doesn't want to drill all em holes into his rear bumper no? Just thought ill put in some alternative. But i def think you should go with the template OP, the end result would look alot cleaner and like kevin said, be impossible to get stolen
:thumbsup:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
It's possible I guess but since it already has brackets he might as well use them haha. It'll seriously never be able to be removed unless you take off the bumper.

twofast4u

Reaction score
haha! wicked! That would be my first nightmare my worst nightmare! I'll try calling my local honda dealer here to see if I can get a copy of the templates. If I do get them, I'll try to scan em and post them on here for anyone that needs it in the future. :)

Geewiz

Reaction score
That's not a Mugen lip, but with those you generally are just going to have to make your own holes. There are no templates for those types of lips, you just need to add tape and screw it in.

I know, it's a ripoff of Mugen with way larger vents. Not my favorite but it's not gaudy. If I used an OEM template would that be good in case I wanted to switch later to something else, say that new BaysonR one? Or for each that do use templates, are they all different?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I know, it's a ripoff of Mugen with way larger vents. Not my favorite but it's not gaudy. If I used an OEM template would that be good in case I wanted to switch later to something else, say that new BaysonR one? Or for each that do use templates, are they all different?
The template I'm referring to is for the rear lip only. The BaysonR lip will fit the same way as the one you have now... Just screw the sides in and tape the middle. There is no need to add extra screws.

Also, just to reiterate. That lip has no connection to the Mugen lip. It's a cheap ripoff of the JP Auto/Vizage lip for the sedans, modified to fit the coupe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4951wt_939

Ch1R

Reaction score
The template I'm referring to is for the rear lip only. The BaysonR lip will fit the same way as the one you have now... Just screw the sides in and tape the middle. There is no need to add extra screws.

Also, just to reiterate. That lip has no connection to the Mugen lip. It's a cheap ripoff of the JP Auto/Vizage lip for the sedans, modified to fit the coupe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4951wt_939
I think who ever made that lip was trying to combine to mugen lips the one people usually see with the two vents, and also the lip for the 97 civics like this.http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/ongking/IMG_5923_edited-1.jpg

Geewiz

Reaction score
Thanks sleeper. Yea, I guess it's closer to that Vizage one. Seems that it will fit well doing that: two screws each corner and probably some 3M.

Does anyone know if there are any lips that do come with pre-drilled holes on the lip itself though?

twofast4u

Reaction score
ok, so I just called my local honda dealer, and Tim from OEM Acura Parts. The delaer can't get the template unfortunately, as it comes with the lip kit when you buy it. Does anyone on here have a copy, they can scan for me?

Back