my build a slow but steady pace will win the race

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Well some of you remember me some of you I have not talked to ect. Anyways I am going to be breif as possible this is the turtle of build threads. I will admit that it may go faster than other threads but it can never happen as fast as I want LOL. Please excuse my lack of punctuation I am tired and frankly I dont care anyways ;-)
I will update you as often as possible/whenever interesting things happen. I may even be able to answer a few questions along the way.

I have been peicing together this turbo kit for about 2-3 years everything is quality dream build status. To me anyways minus the few things I still need to buy.

Anyhow heres the car a few days ago 15 degrees will put slush in your nuts.
carproject004.jpg

Started tearing her/him apart yesterday only for an hour as I had to gather parts, took the bumper and headlights off yesterday. Then I started a few other things today loosened exhaust mani, battery try removal, rear seats, trunk try, unfastened the main power lines that run from the battery to block and fuse box. I did a few other things nothing too exciting, just knowing progress is being made.

Heres a peek at some goodies i have waiting much of it is in the boxes so you wont know whats there untill I have to fit something ect.
Everything is brand new minus the mani I swooped off ebay for 200 shipped to ak and the dope ic that I refurbished to my liking for now.
yakutat08044.jpg

carproject009.jpg

Heres a few pics so you can see what I am working around. a friend and I insulated and hung the drywall in this peice major pain on a genie lift lol.

carproject021.jpg

carproject020.jpg

ok so here is what I have gotten done so far nothing exciteing but you see alaska is a dirty place

carproject019.jpg

carproject017.jpg

carproject010.jpg

hope to update soon............

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing boost. Are you building the block at all? Btw that is one of the sexiest garages i have ever seen...so much space for shenanigans.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
yeah its actuall an airplane hangar pretty nice indeed. I was standing on a forlift :rwerd: when I took those pictures of the shop brand new btw. wish I had a lift and a dyno :p maybe next year LOL I do want a lift though.

as for the block i plan to at least put new pistons/rods in would like to replace the sleves but it may have to wait till next year

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a genuine hangar :run:

nice choice on using real parts too. it takes a lot of patience to stockpile stuff and not be able to use it...and to have to look at it :madrun: :lawl:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
a genuine hangar :run:

nice choice on using real parts too. it takes a lot of patience to stockpile stuff and not be able to use it...and to have to look at it :madrun: :lawl:

yeah its painfull especially when you wonder if the car will make it that long. then you get to thinking. well at least I can just sell the manifold get a different car if I had to. and still have nice parts :ohsnap:

glad I didn't total the car :squintrun:

so saturday should be a day of cutting and fitting the chargepiping should be an interestingly pita experience. hope to get some of it welded together same day. well see I think I am going to be doing some wiring and removing more interior/ planing things as well.

Namboyz

Reaction score
good luck with everything man. im probably gonna use your experiences to do my own sometime in the hopefully near future.

how much has everything costed so far???

Back