my car sounds like a late 80s 300 series mercedes benz :(

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
my car is an automatic and the tranny has been replaced twice, about 3 months since it has been replaced.

so im driving on freeway tonite and i hear a new noise from my car, didnt seem bad at first since i was on the freeway and what i hear most is the wind but anyway as i arrive to my destination, i find a parking spot then park and this is when the sound became worse.

when my car is in Drive the noise is low

when my car is in Reverse the noise is LOUD and sounds terrible!!!

the sound is rattling sound like click-click-click-click-click etc. doesnt stop or anything its constant unless you accelerate then the noise is gone until u stop accelerating

just like the title says it sounds like one of those late 80s 300 series mercedes benz.
im sure u you know what i mean with the benz. the sound it makes.

does anyone have any idea what it is or what it can be?

thanks in advance for your input.

paypalbid

Reaction score
obviously sound internal. Could be a number of things. First take the valve cover off and see if the valves are messed of or the journal is messed up. Then look for any loose parts under the valve cover have fell off. If the sound is not coming from the valve cover then could be the piston rod.

dont drive your car anymore if it gets worse or before it gest worse, have it checked out if you can figure it out yourself.

I also wonder if it may me the part where the trasmission meets the motor mounted up and if it lined up good. Maybe take it to the dealer and just play stupid and tell them about the noise to see if it is related to the transmission installation

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
obviously sound internal. Could be a number of things. First take the valve cover off and see if the valves are messed of or the journal is messed up. Then look for any loose parts under the valve cover have fell off. If the sound is not coming from the valve cover then could be the piston rod.

dont drive your car anymore if it gets worse or before it gest worse, have it checked out if you can figure it out yourself.

I also wonder if it may me the part where the trasmission meets the motor mounted up and if it lined up good. Maybe take it to the dealer and just play stupid and tell them about the noise to see if it is related to the transmission installation

how can u give someone advice when you dont even know what the heck your talking about?????????. If you dont know, then dont assume and give people the wrong info and scare them. Journals are located on the bottom of the block, they are connected to the rods. NOT under the valve cover. There arent any common parts to break away under the valve cover. If it was a piston rod u would hear a loud knocking sound because the hole in the journal that squirts oil is sealed over with molten metel not allowing oil to pass, the sound would be a constant knocking no matter what gear u are in. Obviously he is having transmission problems pertaining to his symptoms. Heck im a NOOB on here but i hate when people say things so IRRELEVANT and then act like they know what they are talking about. We dont need "youtube" mechanics on here. Sorry to be blatant, but there would have been someone else to reem you out anyways. This is 6thgenaccord, clean simple performance. Period.

Neways dude about your tranny, i would take it back to where u got it replaced. Y might just want to invest on swapping out ur tranny for a 5speed and ending all your problems. My tranny died and now my car is just sitting and waiting until I do the swap. Or you can just sell the car while u can.

Last edited:

bigcoz

Reaction score
Neways dude about your tranny, i would take it back to where u got it replaced. Y might just want to invest on swapping out ur tranny for a 5speed and ending all your problems. My tranny died and now my car is just sitting and waiting until I do the swap. Or you can just sell the car while u can.

+1, i would take the car to the place you have the transmission replaced,then i would take my car to a Honda dealership for a diagnostic test.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thanks for saving me some typing hondaluver :lawl:

what gears makes the sound like a diesel benz? you just said "drive"...

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
thanks for saving me some typing hondaluver :lawl:

what gears makes the sound like a diesel benz? you just said "drive"...

when my car is in Reverse the noise is LOUD and sounds terrible!!!

when the car is in REVERSE!

thanks you guys for ur input ima try to drop my car off at my girls house and borrow her moms car for work today! then take it to aamco (lol) after work, thats where i had my tranny done :D

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
how long ago was it done? if u take it back fast enough then maybe they will change it for another or fix it for free. Sometimes when you get those reman trannys u will get one that someone just "threw" together. Thats the sad reality as some people dont give a sh*t about doing their job.

What kind of warrenty do u have on your unit? If i were u, i would entertain any good offers on a 6thgen 5 speed. Before your warrenty expires so u can get the most dough out of ur ride. That would save you from installing another autotragic in the future.

I would suggest you to swap your tranny for a 5speed but paying more money again to do a swap sounds redundant to me.

So in conclusion, I would have them repair it and get all the "bugs" out before your warranty expires. Dont babie the car so much, enjoy ur ride. Make sure you surface any problems now rather than later. If you get a good rebuild it can last you another 100kmiles. Hope this helps.....

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Late 80's diesel Benz's are FTMFW.

With that aside, I would take it back to where you got the work done just like the other guys said, and have them fix it.

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
hey guys thanks once again for ur input!

i dropped off my car at aamco today and i just got it back.

turns out that is it my catalytic converter.

and the guy told me that it's time for a new one.

so ima look around locally tomorrow for a reliable and affordable shop to install one for me.

and if u guys still wanted to know my tranny warranty is 36 months unlimited miles.

so it will be a while until my warranty is gone :D lol

thanks again fellas

this is why i love this site the most :D

fothermucker

Reaction score
Trade in for a diesel Benz. You'll pull far more hoochies this way.

Back