my engine is thirsty for oil :(

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
I'm unaware of the previous owners care for the car, but everything was immaculate when I bought it. But your absolutely right it depends greatly on the care of the engine and service intervals. During the week I drive the car like a grandma with an occasional run to 5500 rpm. I'm gonna try the synthetic to see if that does anything.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
as quoted from me( people that are always late for oil changes tend to burn oil more) and build up sludge,see if you bought the car from someone and dont know how they did on oil changes then its good to do it, but only ONCE,then keep on the 2500 to 3k oil changes, if you read now on the latest reviews on car toyotas and vw and benz are the worst on sludge now just how the engine is made cause i blame it all on the dealer,them telling do it every 5k, 80 % of the toyotas 07 and up by 20k there engine burns soooo much oil they come in with nothing in it, i see more 09's com ing after 4th oil change they also have no oil cause the 5k and there is soo much sludge and condensation white cream on the oil cap it sick
milky-oil-cap.jpg
this is one form of sludge if you guys have never seen it before , its now in 80 % of toyotas vw and nissans and benz bmw and jeep,we ussly do engine flushes on these and as i have seen it never came back, but i wouldnt recommended doing and engine flush on anything over 100k

9:3:1

If your a DX 8:8:1

Like Brandon said before, there really is no service limit, if your compression is uniform....your engine is good. As the miles are put on your motor, all the cylinder should lose compression evenly. It would take years and a lot of miles, if you change your oil regulary.

Whatever Jiffy lube instilled in you is wrong, you dont need an engine flush if you use the good oil and change it on time.

Engine flushes will ruin your car, it can clog oil galleries. Its not part of Toyota, Honda or any other manufactures specs. And it will VOID your warranty.

I had a nissan hardbody with 365k and I never did an engine flush, I bought it from the original owner who always changed his oil on time or before it was due. I took the head off to do a head gasket and that engine was clean enough to eat off.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Well I definitely don't have any of that horse semen in my engine. Just did a valve adjustment yesterday and it idles much smoother, not that its gonna help with the oil consumption but it'll help with something I'm sure.

mr. smith

Reaction score
i think a quart of oil every 3k miles is normal for some cars, mine does it and mine doesnt smoke or leak.my sisters does as well and i know a few cobras that consume more than that and is perfectly normal.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I dont care what Jiffy Lube says man, a flush will NEVER happen in any of my cars.

I can barely read what you typed to begin with.....

tothehouse34

Reaction score
if u are in VTEC alot, you will burn oil... slow it down a lil bit and i promise you will be able to tell a difference! (I speak from Experience!)

f23accord2000

Reaction score
you dont have to you could just do a lucas treatment and that will help but all my cars i have had over 300k so to me im doing something right. but all the people that know me on this sight and has seen my car, im a service fanatic everything has to be perfect, all about prevenative maintenance, i have 140k and my oil still looks like it came out of the bottle at 3k never burns any oil or is low since i had it at 70k.

I dont care what Jiffy Lube says man, a flush will NEVER happen in any of my cars.

I can barely read what you typed to begin with.....

Back