*My new Toy!-1971 Nissan, 56k warning*

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I don't know where the "Non-6thgen" sub forum is, will someone move it there for me? Thanks!

Anyways, I got lucky and came across a guy that was selling his Nissan 240z, he said he wanted 4k for it, But I did not want to give him that much. About a week later the guy calls me back and asks me if I was still interested in the car, I said, yes. He told me that he really needs the money and that he's willing to let the car go for 1,500. I went there and talked him down another $500 and got it for only a $1,000.

It's a Nissan 240z swapped out with a rebuilt 2.8L Straight 6 cylinder with only 2,000 miles on the rebuild. The engine came from a 1981 280z, It also has a recently rebuilt 4 speed manual transmission. The car runs beautifully, it handles like it's on rails, it only weighs 2,300lbs and it's pretty fast. It has straight exhaust with some kind of performance muffler. Since its so old, means no need for smog check or anything like that. It runs slightly slightly rich but idles and starts/turns off perfect.

Future mods include, Hids, new staggered 17inch wheels. Probably Black. Some interior work and probably some new side skirts. Rust is minimal, with a few minor spots that need attention. It was treated in the past for rust, but it was a long time ago. Anyway here are some pixs and video. More to come!

IMG_6377-1.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

david5788

Reaction score
that is a hella sweet *** deal. i love that car! ive been on the lookout for a 72 datsun 510

you got a sweet car. that car has a lot of potential.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Nice man from 4k to 1k wow.

Looks to be in pretty good condition too

Yeah, the dude looked pretty wack. He was old, like 60 something. He said he owned it for almost 20 years and told me he was going through a divorce and had too many cars. It looked like he was a gambler/drinker type, kinda sketchy too, but it wasnt my business why he needed to sell so quickly. The car needs a little more work but I'd say I got a pretty good *od Damn deal! :chucklesfawk:

that is a hella sweet *** deal. i love that car! ive been on the lookout for a 72 datsun 510

you got a sweet car. that car has a lot of potential.

Thanks man, I love it too. It drives very nice and straight and has a lot of power. Steering is not as tight as it could be, probably needs new ball joints or something. 72 510's are even more rare, I like those too. Now my situation is, I have 4 cars; 1996 avalon, 2000 accord, 1987 nissan pickup and 1972 nissan 240. I hate to sell my nissan p/u, but I there is no way Im going to sell my accord lol.

Last edited:

likeawp

Reaction score
OMFG

You just bought the car of my dreams for $1000...........well in its stock form anyway hahha.......but man the quality is near immaculate and I can't believe somebody would sell it that cheap

:jealousbow::jealousbow::jealousbow::jealousbow:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
OMFG

You just bought the car of my dreams for $1000...........well in its stock form anyway hahha.......but man the quality is near immaculate and I can't believe somebody would sell it that cheap

:jealousbow::jealousbow::jealousbow::jealousbow:

LOL, yeah I really love this car. It's actually not stock. It has 2.75 inch straight exhaust with a muffler. The tip is only 2.5'", I plan on removing that and putting a 3inch tip

It also has a rear lip,front damper, light covers and a 2.8L I6 with dual K and N filters. The regular 240 only comes with a 2.4L. I plan on getting side skirts, a wide body kit to extend the fenders a bit and put new 17 inch rims with some beefy tires in the back. I might go 275 in the rear, right now its 255....

as I re-search more I am finding out this car could be worth around $6,000 as it sits. I get the feeling the seller was on drugs or something, because now that I think of it, he was not only selling this car, but furniture and loads of other crap.

Last edited:

likeawp

Reaction score
For sure the seller was on some mind altering substances haha...... aside the swapped engine from the 280z which switched over to fuel injection instead of carburetors you also got minor breather mods and exterior goodies that cost well up near $500 if u buy them separately....ahhh you're so lucky haha

post some videos of 0-60 :D....or faster haha

Back