My Quest For CL-S 6MT & My 6GA

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
First i know i've not been really active and this might sound kinda stupid,but i've been thinking to myself all spring break about my accord and having a 6speed. Im an international student over here,not a baller and cant work so please mind my situation.

Okay so i talked to my dad concerning my CG (he's over here on a business trip now) about swapping it to a manual cuz i saw a CL-S,it was wrecked but NO frame damage,air bag deployment or anything serious, just front bumper,fenders missing and bent hood and its in an auction.

Alright we talked alot and he said whats the point of swapping it to a manual when labor is gonna be a biotch for me even tho i get the car for cheap and i agree cuz most shops i've asked are all asking for 2gs or more for just MT swap and i want both the j32a2+6MT and i agree.Mind you my car is at 219xxx miles with 9xxx on the rebuilt tranny and its still strong,and it has a salvage title from a previous wreck b4 we purchased it.

I've always like this body style ever since it was first purchased by my uncle and then finally came down to me,it has made me have some kinda close bond with it (i know it sounds creepy but thats how i feel). Most of you might have seen my mod list and i've done lots of stuffs on my car and i only have a few stock parts left,but my dad told me to sell my car with my wheels,suspension and HL but i told him my car would sell for the same price with or w/o them,he said i should sell my CG for $2700 But i'd like to keep all of my mods.

I'd like to keep my CG regardless of whatever but my dad said he doesnt have the money to get me the CL-S,although the auction isnt til about a month and i dont wanna list my car and sell it with the mods cuz i can use most of them on the CL-S.
I probably might be missing a few things to say but if i do remember i'd post up,and i'd appreciate any opinion from you guys.sorry for the long post guys.Thanks for your help

PS. Even if i should get it i'd still stick to this site cuz its better off than most sites ive been/lurked on.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
I'd like to get that Ryan, but im thinking of upgrading to a j32a2 too and i've heard/seen that the wiring is a biotch for me to get it to run right.

Or are you talking about the 7th gen auto trans (im really tired and bored of autos).

EDIT: Do you also think the price ($2700) is okay just incase i wanna sell it?

Last edited:

Raul

Reaction score
if i were you and had decent funding, i would go for Acura CL-S the car itself. CL-S is way more luxurious than an accord:canada:

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
^ Thats what i was thinking last night,i really really like my accord but idk,if i have to sell it to get the car i'd do it:eusa_wall: :explode:

tothehouse34

Reaction score
take all of the stuff off of your car that you would possibly reuse... list ur car as lightly modded and sell it. pick up that CL-S and start fixing... I hate to say it but CL-S > Accord :sad:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If a man's bond with his car is creepy, consider me a sick pervert!!

Alright Emmanuel, I have to start off by saying that it doesn't sound like you're in the position financially to have both the engine and the transmission, especially with the estimates you are getting from shops for a tranny swap alone. If you were doing any of this work yourself it could be a different story. I think a more realistic goal for you is a 6spd swap only (option #1).

As some members can attest, putting a 6spd CL-S or 7G Accord tranny in our cars transforms them into a completely different animal. I think that would satisfy your hunger for a manual with a little power. As you know, the auto not only sucks but also robs a lot of the power going to the wheels. And if you have to have the J32, there is a chance you could find one later when you have some more money.

Otherwise you will have to remove all your mods, sell your car, then sell the mods you can't put on the CL. Then you will have to deal with driving around an incomplete car until you can fix everything. But you will have your 6spd, and you will have the J32 (option #2).

So there's two options. The third option is swapping the Accord 6spd (giving up the LSD) and then perhaps supercharging to get some more power if the J30 w/6spd isn't good enough for you. You can find a used supercharger for $2500 or less.

My own story: End of last year I was getting the itch for the 6spd and thought I didn't want to wait anymore. I didn't want to bother with finding a shop and all the parts for the 6spd swap, so I started looking for 2003 CL-S's. I found one on Craigslist and test drove it...and it was great. When I got back, I parked my Accord coupe next to the CL and walked around looking at the cars from every angle. I just couldn't like the CL exterior more than my coupe...and that was the end of that. At that point I decided to keep my coupe, and perhaps swap in the future.

If you can like the CL body as much or more...I think option 2 is your answer.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I'd like to get that Ryan, but im thinking of upgrading to a j32a2 too and i've heard/seen that the wiring is a biotch for me to get it to run right.

Or are you talking about the 7th gen auto trans (im really tired and bored of autos).

EDIT: Do you also think the price ($2700) is okay just incase i wanna sell it?
the manual...

$2700 seems about right for a high mileage salvage title.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
take all of the stuff off of your car that you would possibly reuse... list ur car as lightly modded and sell it. pick up that CL-S and start fixing... I hate to say it but CL-S > Accord :sad:

Yea but the only thing about the CL-S compared to our accords is that they get better stuffs than we do,hence the luxury division but thanks dude

If a man's bond with his car is creepy, consider me a sick pervert!!

Alright Emmanuel, I have to start off by saying that it doesn't sound like you're in the position financially to have both the engine and the transmission, especially with the estimates you are getting from shops for a tranny swap alone. If you were doing any of this work yourself it could be a different story. I think a more realistic goal for you is a 6spd swap only (option #1).

As some members can attest, putting a 6spd CL-S or 7G Accord tranny in our cars transforms them into a completely different animal. I think that would satisfy your hunger for a manual with a little power. As you know, the auto not only sucks but also robs a lot of the power going to the wheels. And if you have to have the J32, there is a chance you could find one later when you have some more money.

Otherwise you will have to remove all your mods, sell your car, then sell the mods you can't put on the CL. Then you will have to deal with driving around an incomplete car until you can fix everything. But you will have your 6spd, and you will have the J32 (option #2).

So there's two options. The third option is swapping the Accord 6spd (giving up the LSD) and then perhaps supercharging to get some more power if the J30 w/6spd isn't good enough for you. You can find a used supercharger for $2500 or less.

My own story: End of last year I was getting the itch for the 6spd and thought I didn't want to wait anymore. I didn't want to bother with finding a shop and all the parts for the 6spd swap, so I started looking for 2003 CL-S's. I found one on Craigslist and test drove it...and it was great. When I got back, I parked my Accord coupe next to the CL and walked around looking at the cars from every angle. I just couldn't like the CL exterior more than my coupe...and that was the end of that. At that point I decided to keep my coupe, and perhaps swap in the future.

If you can like the CL body as much or more...I think option 2 is your answer.

Lol yea money is just a biotch for me to get,if you guys remember my DEP 6ga that i got and about how i sold it.I used the lil profit for my tuition/rent for school/housing this semester and that made me be on a tight spot with money now. I really like our 6gas and it would be unique for ppl to see a car that only came auto to be 6spd MT.

I think i'd just remove the mods i've put on my car and just go to a junk yard and pick up some parts to replace so i can convert it back to stock.I just gotta pick stuffs like intake,exhaust,HL,new tires on my stock wheels,take out my shocks/springs and some miscellenous stuffs but I wouldn't mind driving a car thats not complete (at least for a lil while).

Although,as much as i like the supercharger wine i still like turbos better than them and if i were to do a 6spd on my J30,i'd turbo it but thats gonna be extra $$.

But yea i feel the same way with you about the exterior looks of the CL-S vs. my 6ga,i dont really like the cl-s rear end (round butt) but the only way for me to get the engine/trans w/o labor making me really broke is just to get rid of my accord and get it.tho if i get rid of my 6ga i'd still get another 6ga sedan in the future.
Thanks for the advice Chris.
the manual...

$2700 seems about right for a high mileage salvage title.
I'd love to get their manual tranny but the fact that it lacks an LSD is why i wanted a CL-S,but i guess its time for me to start taking out my mods and converting it back to stock.Thanks Ryan.

Back