My struts are shot / best way to spend my tax return?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=19145&cat=2528&page=1

Function/Form Type 1's for $630 with free shipping. I bought the Type 2's for $899 from them but I haven't had a chance to put them on. The only difference is you can't adjust the dampening.

this is the way i'd go, F2's are so much better that Tein's. but there are bigger differences between type 1 and 2's but its not that big of a deal, the only major difference, other than dampening, is where you lower them.

ive heard of other coilovers going for less.

heres d2's for around the same price, a better coilover.

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=15647

heres F2 T1's for $630 and free shipping, another better coilover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Func...-Coilover_W0QQitemZ390008573695QQcmdZViewItem

you guys gotta stop getting boners over teins. theyre really not **** anymore compared to whats available. and i didnt say they were overpriced, i said theres better out there for the same price or less.

qft

fothermucker

Reaction score
Sketch, thanks for the links. The F2s look great for the money.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, I know Tein has a reputation but they are just behind the game for our cars. It's about the same as buying sleeve coilovers when true coilovers became popular.

I would just figure out if you want coilovers first before you make your decision. I really didn't spend any less on my prokits. I do love the ride, my shocks were designed around them, but sometimes i regret it. I probably paid a bit too much, especially for the springs (i bought local) but a good spring/strut setup is not much cheaper than many coilovers out there.

Accord281

Reaction score
this is the way i'd go, F2's are so much better that Tein's. but there are bigger differences between type 1 and 2's but its not that big of a deal, the only major difference, other than dampening, is where you lower them.

qft

I may be wrong, but I think the new type 1's also adjust from the lower mount now too just like the type 2's.

fothermucker

Reaction score
So there's an F2 type 1 and type 2 and I've noticed the type 2 is a couple hundred $ more - what's the difference? Added damping adjustment? Can either be rebuilt? I want these parts to LAST - the 1 year warranty makes me nervous since some brands offer lifetime warranties. I don't want to keep pissing money away on my Accord, it needs to be done right the first time.

An ex-Honda mechanic friend told me to stick with TEIN (he refers to as a higher quality brand) and to not roll the dice on any of the new or unknown brands - whatever those are. I'm not up on aftermarket car parts and I'm sure many of you read magazines like Import Tuner and such - I do not. I appreciate the knowledge being dropped...

I put a target of $500 thinking I might get struts/springs if there was a good combo in that price range. I'm willing to pay more for true coilovers but I wasn't able to find anything under $1000 until I created this thread. I'd like to be able to adjust ride height, damping not as important, I'm no autocrosser - I do want a soft enough ride for daily driving, but firmer than stock.

What I'm saying, in a nutshell, is that I wish to improve the look and handling of my Accord for under $1000.

pointblank

Reaction score
hmmm.. im looking for some shocks myself.. why dont you go with sportline springs... they go for about 2 bills... then pair it up with some shocks.. ive seen the non adjustable ones for about 300 on ebay... so youd be around 500... ?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
hmmm.. im looking for some shocks myself.. why dont you go with sportline springs... they go for about 2 bills... then pair it up with some shocks.. ive seen the non adjustable ones for about 300 on ebay... so youd be around 500... ?

Coilovers (even used) > springs/struts

pointblank

Reaction score
true.. coilovers are better.. no doubt there... i just looked at your post above.. if you want something with warranty.. go with eibach sportlines... they have lifetime warrranty... so if anything happens, theyll be replaced for free.. and i just did some more searching i found tokico hp shocks for 300 shipped... this is def in your ball park range for budget.. thats hopefully what my set up is going to look like... if i can find illuminas for a good price.. thats what ill do.. but if not.. im def. leaning toward the HP shocks..

or just do coilovers... hmmm are there coilovers with lifetime warranty? i dunno about that... there prolly are tho.. just gotta find em..

Back