My version of a retrofit...

lashlee

Reaction score
Wow just looked through your stuff and you are a wiring god.

I am very anal about wiring, since it can waste so much time when something is wrong. It took me a long time and I had the car apart for nearly a month getting all of that completed.

Thanks to everyone about the comments. I've always liked the ion lenses, which is why I've used them since '99! If I do sell them I'll let you have the first shot at them Red. I would want them to go to a good home.

Output seems great, though I was used to a PNP HID kit, and the mini's are a huge improvement over them. I've still got some tweaking to do but so far I am happy.

I got a bunch of pics last night and I'll try to get them posted this evening. I'll keep this post updated once that happens.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Brad(bdeitmeyer) I think did a retro with the Ion lenses at one point.

I am also a fan of them.

The retro looks solid, nothing wrong with it taking awhile to get done, at least you know you did it right and the way you wanted it to.

Nice work.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^ah haha. I wonder how they'd look on a red car. Probably not as good as on a white/silver/black car, but hey.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've still got some work to do with the aiming. They are nice and level with a good cutoff but one seems to be bowing slightly. I'll do some adjusting and post some pics.

How are people with Mini's sealing up the area around the bulb? It seems odd to me that the bulb isn't sealed in anything. I know a few people have made something to seal it up, just fishing for ideas.

lashlee

Reaction score
I guess I could look into it. It doesn't look as good as I like, but with 220,XXX on the clock and climbing everyday it looks ok. Maybe that will be enough motivation to get it repainted.

Back