NA build

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah... i'm still debating on getting crower cams or not... $400 *sigh*

Sonnick

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
Yes it fits, its been done before tri-fold. Its very potent for an all motor build at the least. Iam sticking with h23 head because i wil boost later own plus i got some good cams that will fill in in the meantime :thumbsup:
The amount of machining that will need to be done to get the h22 head to fit will take that $1000, and raise it a lot, unless you can machine it yourself. The f22b DOHC head fits on (same as H23 I've learned thanks to Greg), and puts out some great numbers NA.

Now, as said by PirateMcFred himself (guy at H-T that did the G23, etc) said that if you can get a cam regrind from webcamshafts with the same profile as his crower stage 3 cams, it might be possible to get relatively similar numbers as he does with his JDM F22B head swap..gets me thinking a little bit..and yes rsx-s pistons will fit ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-P...016QQitemZ260050445461QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JE-P...hZ019QQitemZ8071765084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

^^ Both of those should work on our F23, no? 86mm bore

Last edited:

Egi7

Reaction score
Sonnick said:
The amount of machining that will need to be done to get the h22 head to fit will take that $1000, and raise it a lot, unless you can machine it yourself. The f22b DOHC head fits on (same as H23 I've learned thanks to Greg), and puts out some great numbers NA.

Now, as said by PirateMcFred himself (guy at H-T that did the G23, etc) said that if you can get a cam regrind from webcamshafts with the same profile as his crower stage 3 cams, it might be possible to get relatively similar numbers as he does with his JDM F22B head swap..gets me thinking a little bit..and yes rsx-s pistons will fit ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-P...016QQitemZ260050445461QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JE-P...hZ019QQitemZ8071765084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

^^ Both of those should work on our F23, no? 86mm bore

You do not have to do any machining to put the h22 head on, where did u get that information. Base model rsx pistons will give you good high compression (11.5) with a f23/h22 setup, same compression height and all. SamIam26 has a thread on honda-tech that shows you exactly what to do, and since you have an f23 already in your car, it will be slightly easier. Also remember, running those 12:5 comression rsx pistons in your f23 or f23/h23hybrid will probably yeild 13:5 compression or higher, in which you will not be able to run pump gas. You are better off running forged high comp. f23 pistons if you are doing a NA f23 build, or base model usdm rsx pistons for a f23/h23 build

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
Also remember, running those 12:5 comression rsx pistons in your f23 or f23/h23hybrid will probably yeild 13:5 compression or higher, in which you will not be able to run pump gas. You are better off running forged high comp. f23 pistons if you are doing a NA f23 build.

USDM RSX-S compression is 11:1, and JDM is somewhere around 11:5.

And stock pistons can be had for a lot cheaper than CP's.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
F23 stock rods, K20 (base) stock pistons and new pins/rings = lots o' fun. This is probably the cheapest/easiest way.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hhm.... i might wanna see if tht's cheaper than cams... yeah, i'm cheap... so, RSX pistons fits with no modifications? my head is milled btw, so would i have enough valve-piston clearance?

Sonnick

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
You do not have to do any machining to put the h22 head on, where did u get that information. Base model rsx pistons will give you good high compression (11.5) with a f23/h22 setup, same compression height and all. SamIam26 has a thread on honda-tech that shows you exactly what to do, and since you have an f23 already in your car, it will be slightly easier. Also remember, running those 12:5 comression rsx pistons in your f23 or f23/h23hybrid will probably yeild 13:5 compression or higher, in which you will not be able to run pump gas. You are better off running forged high comp. f23 pistons if you are doing a NA f23 build, or base model usdm rsx pistons for a f23/h23 build
Really..I wasnt' aware they bolted directly on? That's sweet. I'm trying to do strictly NA F23..I don't have the H23 head..

There was more selections for the RSX-s pistons..10:6:1 I believe also. Doing a head swap would be great, but I'd like to keep it all F23 Powa ;) That should yield a good gain, say the 10.6:1 was bumped up to 11.5:1 (not sure why, but you made it clear there would be an even greater bump up if using the rsx-s pistons on the f23)..and still be able to run pump gas

EDIT: Why base rsx pistons and not type s?

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
y not type-s cams? cos i dun wanna pay an extra 20 cents for 91 octane gas :rofl:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sonnick said:
Really..I wasnt' aware they bolted directly on? That's sweet. I'm trying to do strictly NA F23..I don't have the H23 head..

There was more selections for the RSX-s pistons..10:6:1 I believe also. Doing a head swap would be great, but I'd like to keep it all F23 Powa ;) That should yield a good gain, say the 10.6:1 was bumped up to 11.5:1 (not sure why, but you made it clear there would be an even greater bump up if using the rsx-s pistons on the f23)..and still be able to run pump gas

EDIT: Why base rsx pistons and not type s?

Base will put you at or around 11-11.5:1 which is plenty for a street car. Type-S will put you past that and your looking at issues like valve clearance, able to run pump gas still, etc.

Back