Need an amp.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
They gots too much power haha my sub is rated at 330 @ 4ohm. Really would be pushing it by going 500 let alone 600.... Right? I think.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Which is why you buy the whole thing and bump and jump errwhere. :D

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Okay, so here's my big question. Would I be safe... To run 600rms to a 330 sub?

Edit: would it be okay if I had a bass control knob with it, and kept it down to about minimum all the time to keep the wattage down, then turn it up and overload the sub sometimes or is that not how it works? Sorry, I don't know much about this stuff haha

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Any wattage amp will work. Tuning your amp to suit your sub is pretty easy. One, know the build quality of the sub; some subs can handle abuse more than others.

Start here:

Turn gain on amp all the way down. Turn on music that has a lot of bass. Turn volume up to 3/4 or so (depends on HU). Now turn up amp gain slowly till you hear noise from the sub other than bass. Be ready to turn it back down. That will be the max power the sub can take and will work with the rest of your music.

Adding a bass knob might be helpful depending on the amp you use. Some use a bass boost and some use a remote gain.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i have a perfect amp, 440 watts bridged at 4ohm, 880 @2 i think.

unfortunately, i have to give it to my friends brother, because i accidentally sold the amp i thought he gave me, but was letting me borrow. whoops

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Crap that would have been perfect haha

And I was looking at a unit that has a bass and gain controller. Or something like that. I know it does the two things you can remotely adjust. How would I know if my sub can handle abuse?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
look it up, :lawl:

and ive never been a fan of bass knobs, some people refer to them as distortion knobs :lawl:. i suppose it could be good for burps but it doesnt seem like thats what youre going for

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I don't even know what that means haha I may just wait out this back order for the subs matching amp.

Back