Need Audio Help! (first post)

callmeryang

Reaction score
Hey guys, I read the Car audio FAQ already and now i just need suggestions.
So the car is a 1998 Accord EX AT and it's basically bone stock..
So I figure now's the time to change it, so I will start by replacing the HU so I can get the ipod playing and better quality sound.
What do you guys recommend next? I want to change all the speakers in the car cause they get crackly at high volume. So do you guys recommend just changing speakers? Or should I get an amp/subwoofer.

I really just like clear loud music at high volume, i'm not really a bass head but of course it has to have some bass.
So please let me know your suggestions, Thanks guys
Regards,
RYang

DXaccorD

Reaction score
suggestions:

Replace all stock speakers with quality aftermarket speakers. I personally like pioneer premiere and infinity.

Running your headunit to power those speakers is fine, although if you want even better quality sound get a separate amp to power your four main speakers. Then get a second amp which will power a subwoofer(s). With subs, it all depends on the power rating they have. Some 10" subs are louder than two 12" subs and visa versa. GL with your decision!

Also check www.crutchfield.com for suggestions with speakers that will fit out car.

(even though all the speakers i bought crutchfield said wouldn't fit but i made em fit :lawl: )

callmeryang

Reaction score
haha, so just replacing 4 speakers would be fine right?
i'd probably get this installed at some local shop or maybe best buy..MAYBE.

Inline4

Reaction score
basically, I reccomend the same thing, if youre nota huge fan of bass, consider buying a 4 channel amp and all after market speakers, infinity is the way to go, although i had to settle with alpine type-s's which still aren't too bad. and hook up your 4 channel to all your speakers, run new wire and rca's from the headunit to the amp, and the quality will be 1000x's better. GL man

edit: our cars have 6 1/2" speakers in the front, and 6 x 9's in the back

Last edited:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Getting an amp to push the speakers instead of using the HU will have dramatic improvements.

Sundown Audio has a nice sale on amps.

callmeryang

Reaction score
basically, I reccomend the same thing, if youre nota huge fan of bass, consider buying a 4 channel amp and all after market speakers, infinity is the way to go, although i had to settle with alpine type-s's which still aren't too bad. and hook up your 4 channel to all your speakers, run new wire and rca's from the headunit to the amp, and the quality will be 1000x's better. GL man

edit: our cars have 6 1/2" speakers in the front, and 6 x 9's in the back
thanks for the info, yeah i was thinking of infinity speakers in back and some pioneers in the front. so all i would want is a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers right?
Getting an amp to push the speakers instead of using the HU will have dramatic improvements.

Sundown Audio has a nice sale on amps.
i'm replacing the head unit because the scroll to control volume is sketchy..

Inline4

Reaction score
thanks for the info, yeah i was thinking of infinity speakers in back and some pioneers in the front. so all i would want is a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers right?

Yeah, consider components for the front as well,to give you the real last up to a premium, amped system. other than that you should be good.

btw, when it comes to infinity, stick with their Kappa line, quality is excellent
:thumbup:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Coaxils have phasing problems. Components give you the ability to adjust the frequency range each speaker plays. What is your budget?

Back