Need HELP! (Valve Cover)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You should always torque bolts to the manufactured spec unless other torque specs are noted from an aftermarket company or part period. What I said really was not funny at all. Its serious. I've seen a lot of mistakes that could have been easily avoided if a torque wrench had been used. But hey its your car lol.

I've been working on cars for almost 8 years and never used a torque wrench. The only instance I would use a torque wrench would be to rebuild an engine. You have a good point, but what im saying is, its not totally necessary if you are somewhat mechanically inclined, know how hard it was to take off. Thus, giving you an idea of how tight it might have to be to put it on again.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only bolts or nuts I've ever used a torque wrench on were wheels, cam caps, head blots, crank pulley, and axles. Valve cover bolts and anything else can be "torqued" by feel and be just fine.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
lmao valve cover thread COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED if he would have used a torque wrench. Suggesting that people do not have to use a torque wrench is fine aslong as they want to have to deal with stupid mistakes that could have been avoided. I state my oppinion on my own and the other mechanics experiences.

Sorry if I offended you, did not mean to cause a big ordeal. I apologize.

Back