Need help with painting wings west bodykit

cordy1

Reaction score
I am purchasing a new Wings West W type bodykit which is polyurethane material. I went to a local body shop to ask them how much they would charge to paint it, they looked unsure about the process required to paint a polyurethane material.

I have heard that flex and adhesion additives have to be used so that the paint does not start to chip off prematurely.

So I would like to check with someone who can advise me as to what the proper prep procedure is for painting this kit.
The body shop quoted me $500 to paint all 4 pieces so I want to make sure a proper prep procedure is used.

Any input is appreciated.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
they looked unsure about the process required to paint a polyurethane material.....

I would look for few more shops around your area that knows what they are doing. Cost is going to be different from your local shop and others.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I am surprised that they would not know exactly how to paint polyurethane, it is no different than painting OEM bumpers on any modern car. If they don't know how to paint a car built in the last 20 years with anything but confidence, move on to somewhere else.

cordy1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try couple other bodyshops.
I thought it would be a good idea to check the forum.
Thanks for your confirmations.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i am a combanation guy in this feild
if they arnt sure then there idiots and should look for a new feild

this is a easy job that shldnt take a second thought for a shop
price is good tho as eveyone haas said take it to another shop but stay away from macco

Back