need hp and sound for under a grand

homeboy5106

Reaction score
lol new with these imports, i use to drive a swb chevy it was nice till a girl in a mach 1 backed in to me. love this car tho i have had it for a year, just wanted to see what i could do to give it a lil more pep.

iDriftYou

Reaction score

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Save that 1000, and put it towards a J swap.

Or buy a 6spd tranny, then swap it

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
hell i have a v6 auto and even i realized its kinda pointless to do basic bolt on mods, and that i would be content with knowing im not fast, i would like to sound fast, but i have realized it takes alot, alot of money to make our cars fast... there is a good handful of guys on here who do have fast 6th gen's but they also have spent more on mods than the actual worth of the car.

there is no such thing as cheap Horsepower, perhaps the 6ga is not the car that will fit your needs

Hey homeboy, he just gave it to you.

There is NOTHING you can do as far as boring, EMS, piggy back for under a grand. Your going to need A LOT more into the car and buy more pieces to allow you to utilize these things you listed.

What they said. The two "cheapest" things i would do as far as performance is concerned, remove your intake resonator and convert your exhaust from dual to single using the stock exhaust system. You'll probably see some low-end torque gain on your "butt-dyno", but other than that, save your $$$ for a nice H/U and speakers/amp combo.

chriskarel

Reaction score
Ebay turbo= 550$ shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Turbo manifold= 150$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c55056f77

DIY install and there you go. Save up another 3-400$ for when you turbo craps out and rebuild it. Run low boost for now, like 5-6 psi until you can get a tune.

:chucklesfawk:

bro I would rather drive a Cobalt than put an eBay turbo in my ride. Cuz when it blows up in 2 months, that's what I will be driving... :ryan:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Ebay turbos sometimes only last on the first pull, I wouldnt waste my time and energy into something like that.

Making more power out of this engine is going to cost some cash, just face it. There is no cheap way around it.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Cut your muffler/s off. Or just unbolt, and drop them. Guarenteed H.P. haha... and noise. Since that was my goal. Not to mention it had the wrong muffler on it and it was smashed and rusted out... I now get 38mpg at 70mph. instead of 29. Lol

Back