Need quick answer

dv8801

Reaction score
Trying to help my friend out with some info. He has 98 4 cyl auto. And he is planning on doing the 5 spd swap. He has everything.

Okay so here's his question, that I'm not to sure about.

1. He knows if he using auto harness he has to wire the speedo and reverse.
2. If he uses a 5 spd harness will he have to wire speedo and reverse since car was auto??

Reason why I put in this section because he knows someone selling harness for dirt cheap. He doesn't want to loose out if this will work.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If he's using a 5-speed harness then no, it will just all fit with the 5-speed transmission without wiring. Good luck on the swap! Make sure he uses a 5-speed ECU as well, that would be a huge part of it.

Last edited:

dv8801

Reaction score
i have another quick question. his motor is the ulev motor. the harness and computer he's getting is the non ulev he should be fine right.

i did a swap to my wife's accord. i took out her ulev motor and put a regular motor in there and used the ulev harness and o2 sensors and ecu and didnt get the cel. will it work vice versa?

dv8801

Reaction score
Yeah I would think so. When I did my wife swap. I used the ulev exhaust manifold. Wide band o2 and the ulev harness. And cel reads good no codes.

Back