Need some opinions..

Which way should I go?

• Total voters

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Oi vay, how bout front and rear wheel horsepower?? Now that would be sweet, lol.

Here's a question, if I got a turbo installed by a shop would they have to do anything with the head (taking it off) to do anything with the turbo? I mean, do you guys think this would be part of the install price? The reason I ask is because last time I turbo'ed I neglected to put in better head studs and soon blew the headgasket, so this time I want to do it right if I go this route.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
You should definitely build the engine, head especially, for boost before just throwing a turbo on it. More money in the short run, less in the long run.

My suggestion, push your ideal deadline back a while so you can take your time and build everything the right way once. In the extra time it'll take to get everything together, you'll probably learn enough to do most of the install work yourself, and then put that saved money toward more tuning.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
just boost the f23... no build is required if u keep the boost around 7 psi

u'll get a few years of fun in tht with a proper tune.. my friiend has been boosted for 5 years on a stock f23 with no issue.. just make sure u get a good tune tho

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Even if I boost I am going to want to change the headgasket and put ARP head studs in, which if I don't install myself will cost some more.

I dunno, i'm so conflicted. My last turbo car turned out to be fun while it lasted, but seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. The H22 swap seems like a great thing to do, but even then i'm only looking at 200whp and even more money to go faster.

Then there is the all motor route, in which if I'm gonna do that route i'd HAVE to go MTX and at least throw a cam in with some tuning. Does the head have to be removed to install a cam? Would the timing belt and all that crap have to be taken off? I'm thinking with only 65k miles on the car I probably don't need a timing belt change for a good while, so if I could get away with a cam swap without having to do that it would be worth it.

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
Im new, but I personally think the all motor route is best. Only because of practicality.

But then again, its your car and your money. But what are u trying to achieve? Like are you just trying to make your car fast just to be fast? are you trying to go for the sleeper set up and race your car alot? or are you trying to make it a track car you know what I mean? If i was in your spot, like I said, I would just go for the all motor set up only because I like to race every now and then, but to me, its not always about being the fastest. thats no fun. :coffee: You would get bored quicker than you know it lol. But i have a I/H/E setup on my 6thgen, and i'm loving it because its pretty quick, but then again, it still has good maintenance for the most part.

But anyways, good luck with your decision. More power to you for thinking about swaps, because I have no where near the money to be thinking about your kind of decisions lol :bowdown:

picture.php

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
I didn't think the F20B was as strong as the JDM Euro R motor...

Back