Never again!

Honda4Life

Reaction score
So I changed my timing belt(s), accessory belt and the power steering belt as I hit 105K and it was the biggest nightmare of my life since I have been working on my car! Luckily I got it all back together but now I am having a problem with the belt that sits around the alternator.

When i start my car is makes that skreeching noise for about 5 seconds then goes away. Today I think I even smelt some burning rubber. I know this is BAD so I want to fix it.

I've tried soap but that didn't do it. The belt is a OEM belt so I know it has quality.

Did I make a mistake installing it? Too tight? Too loose? How can I adjust it so it will stop?

I NEED HELP BEFORE I RUIN MY ALTERNATOR! :skurred::skurred::skurred::skurred::skurred:

PLEASE HELP

Thanks! :omgbd::omgbd::omgbd::omgbd:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could, the belt will snap before you ruin the alternator. Just tighten it a little at a time.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you don't want any type of slippery substance on your belts. there are belt dressings, but they're for idiots, in my opinion. if the belt squeals, it either needs to be tightened or replaced...not lathered in some goo.​

Back