new but not a noob lol

workman8505

Reaction score
I wish I had pics still ill see if I can get the guy i sold it to. To take some it looked like crap as far body hence I paid 1000 for it. Was primer and stock blades just put all my money into making it go and keeping it going rx's are extremely high maintenance. Well it could just be the way I drive lol. I also recall paying 280 bucks for a damn driverside window switch set so parts are not cheap either. As far as a super charged 4.6 modular engine IMO bests the 5.0 don't get me wrongs when my dad had his 88 gt 5.0 drop top it was one mean *** car and I love 5.0's but so many ppl put 5.0's and 451 windsors and you just don't see many 4.6 super charged 1st Gen mustangs. Pluses the 4.6 is capable of 300+ easy. If I really had money it would be the new 5.8 super charged at 660 HP but that's just a dream lol.
I also had a 98 Expedition with the 4.6 and by no means was it a v6 feel even in that heavy pos.

workman8505

Reaction score
Oh and thanks every one for the warm welcome lol...... there is just one thing I wish the 6th gens had a bit more swap potential like all the other Honda's I've owned in the past. But I can say like every one else I have always loved the body style and this car holds special meaning seeing as it was the car my father ever owned before passing away. I wanted to build it up in his memory untilled I found out how slow the i4's are lol even with a h22. So short of selling it to get a v6 it will just have to look good and be quick enough to be fun.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's the thing with these cars, they aren't a popular or easy platform to mod. And you really have to love them to pour money into em. But since they're not as common and they look so good...it brings an owner satisfaction to make em pretty. That's how I feel anyway lol.

If you're not serious about giving it some real performance...just make it look good, sound good, and handle well. And that will provide some fun. The 5spd swap will help immensely.

workman8505

Reaction score
Yea I don't really have a choice on the 5 speed swap lol. Well I found drop another auto but why bother if I'm there might as well do it right. That's also why I had the rx no one in my area had one and it was fun to stomp the sh!t out of all the mustang pricks. :henry: but you know how cops Ger when you have the only one with in 60 miles IRS hard to get away with anything after awhile.

big_d

Reaction score
welcome to 6ga! i have had 2 rx7s in the past a 87 and 88. loved my 7 but they are a lot of work. ive been saving to get my friends 91 carbed w/ a race port.
EB58A870-3379-4379-B9F7-ACACC0987F71-1963-00000118A74D7FC2.jpg

4ebaef90.jpg

enjoy the site man!

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Welcome glad you are here. Lets get together. I've always known VW's inside and out so when I got my 6th gen I was a bit less enthused, however loved the 6th gen.

I got your PM and responded!

Back