new OEM style front lip 01-02

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Currently in the process of sanding down the sharp lines on one of these. it looks quite a bit more oem now. Ill post finished pictures soon enough. likely monday.

You may also want to sand down the part that sits on the bumper opening. I just painted it (poorly) and stuck it on so others can see but I plan on doing it right soon. That is one problem I have, the "tab" or "lip" on top is slightly too long. May not be a problem for you, is for me.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Before sanding the edges.
Accord016.jpg

After sanding the edges, and paint.
p1014809.jpg

Last edited:

The Wicked One

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed in the way it turned out. Before i started painting (when it was black plastic) it looked really good. but after paint I don't see a very big difference at all. I could have sanded it down a bit more, but i was starting to get nervous about ruining the structural integrity of the thing.

In hind sight my polyurethane mugen lip is still considerably thinner, so i still had plenty of room left for sanding. Lesson learned. Too bad i don't have any more paint to try for round two.

p1014823.jpg

p1014825.jpg

p1014820o.jpg

swollen_cu

Reaction score
It's a bit smoother though... I think the lips look really good on darker colored cara because darker colors tend to hide the body lines a lot better. I really wish bayson r would have made the lip more smooth flowing. I think everyone would have bought one in an instant.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
yeah, i was tempted to leave it black, and maybe then just hit it with a custom metallic sharpie art job when i got bored.

I was aiming to make it as smooth as the fiberglass OEM replica front lip (black lip in the photo), but alas, not even close.

p1014796.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Matt, that looks good. I can tell it looks better than mine. Honestly, as much I want a true OEM looking front, this is the best solution. My Mugen style lip lasted like 2 years, repairing it 2 or 3 times. My fiberglass OEM lip lasted about 8 months but it wasn't my fault. There was unmarked road work and they admitted fault but disappeared when I tried to get enough info to file a claim. With all the work I put into both, I just will compromise. I still get plenty of compliments.

This lip has probably seen more abuse than my others in the few months I have had it. Partly because I drive a lot more, drive on worse roads more, but mostly because I don't care. I really think it's probably stronger than real deal OEM.

I just did a half *** job painting it so people could see it on the car. I may try what you did and go futher. I have a nice file that would work well. I still don't think you can really get that line out though.

snip33r

Reaction score
^ that's the bayson r oem style 01-02 lip.

2 silver canadian coupes have that lip painted already.

:canada: here is my car with Bayson r lip, i personally like it as its poly and its made of good quality it can take alot of beat, plus i think only two car in GTA (canada) have this lip :cool:

2uylo44.jpg

Last edited:

The Wicked One

Reaction score
I used 160 grit sand paper... it took forever. part of the reason i stopped where i did was because of boredom. a file would have been nice.

Back