New pads and rotors

dtraill27

Reaction score
the type of oil can relate to climate you live in. you guys are in the south so they can use a thinner oil. i run5w20 i am in jersey

madmech_79

Reaction score
I would change the brake fluid while your at it. If your going for performace and plan on going to the track any moisture in the fluid will cause brake fade. They have got some nice tools to make it a one man operation.

atarikid07

Reaction score
Alright, I may go ahead and change the fluid then.

What about the rear brakes? Do I need to do anything special with the parking brake or anything like that? Or is it just like the fronts?

atarikid07

Reaction score
Just installed the front rotors and pads but ran out of light so tomorrow will do the back ones. As I was breaking them in, I noticed that there was a little bit of scraping and squealing sounds. Normal, I guess, since they're so new.

Then I decided to test my ABS. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's completely shot and doesn't work at all. I don't get the vibrating or anything else, no tires locking up. Just a rolling stop. Did this from about 60 and 30 mph and both times same thing. Any ideas on troubleshooting or problemsolving?

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
My manual said 5w 30 but when i went to walmart the book said the v6s ran on 5w 20 but yeah I would have bought that set up to if i could have afford it at the time maybe next time. Doing your brakes yourself should be pretty simple as long as you have the right tools there is a brake bleeder kit that should make that step alot easier

atarikid07

Reaction score
So I installed my rear rotors and pads and bled the lines with a friend with the car off. Was this wrong? Cause when I turned on the car again, I could pretty much floor the pedal and it felt unbelievably loose. The brakes do work, but what do I do to fix it? Should I bleed everything again with the engine on? Please help.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
How do you know they work? Did you check to make sure you weren't leaking fluid from any of the bleeder screws?

On a bit of a side note, when I had my car inspected my mechanic noted that the brake fluid was extremely dirty. He told me NOT to replace/bleed the fluid as my master cylinder/seals would most certainly fail shortly there after. Any truth to this?

Back