New registrations need to be approved now: feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Reaction score
Yay for #1 not so much for #2 like previously said most people originally sign up for the forums to ask a quick question and then they end up staying for a while.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
i think #1 is good enough, it'll eliminate most of the spammers.

Perhaps set up a restriction where in order for them to post, they must make 1 or two posts in the intro thread

Jeffro

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
It's only positive for the forum if the mods and admin's check their mail frequently..Something like this you'd want a staff member on at all times. It can become a huge hassle. I'd ditch the mod/admin approval idea and stick with the email registration. Also upgrade the forum.

+1. Its a huge turn around when you have to wait for verification to post. I've registered on forums and never returned because I got sick of waiting for verification from an admin, and just went elsewhere for my answer or whatever. At that point, it defeats the whole purpose of a "discussion board" if people are turned away from the get-go.

rwong410

Reaction score
iStealBunnieSz said:
I dont like #2.. People who usally register wanna be able to post the same day and not wait 1-2 days for a mod to approve them. #1 is great. Maybe put the box where you have to enter the weird letters instead of the mod thing just my opinion though.
I second that, but all in all I'm really happy that something is being done about the spammers.

xluben

Reaction score
since it seems image verification isn't possible (without more money), i would just try #1
for now. i would think that'll stop most bots from spamming us. IF that's not working
then try the mod/admin verification. as stated before, when people register they want to
be able to post right away.

btw, good work! i hope the spamming slows down or stops.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
*Sits backs and relaxes...*

:rofl: now that's a first-class mod right thuuurr... :rofl:

i vote for software upgrade.... everyone can donate a lil, and the money can be used for the upgrade and site maintainence...

but if we see wildman starting to mod his car too much, i wanna see the accounting books mang! :bash:

blindside

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
i vote for software upgrade.... everyone can donate a lil, and the money can be used for the upgrade and site maintainence...

but if we see wildman starting to mod his car too much, i wanna see the accounting books mang! :bash:

hahahaha!!!!! :rofl: I agree 100% :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
k disabled moderation of new registrations, also figured out why the image verification wasn't working before so it will now

angelplus

Reaction score
Wildman said:
k disabled moderation of new registrations, also figured out why the image verification wasn't working before so it will now

::whipes off head:: Amen to that Cody, now that greg gets a break, that puts me back on duty :furious: lol So +1 to no more spammers :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back