New to the 6gen crowd (PICS!!!!)

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Hey guys, let me start off by saying that this seems to be a great group of members. I come from a decent list of forums and, as some of you may know, its hard to find a good forum. With that said here is a little info about myself:
My first honda experience was a 1991 honda crx si that I had back in 2000, I lightly modified it and had a ton of fun with that car until I lost it when I was stationed at camp pendleton (kind of a long story).

Then it was a 1993 acura integra gs, not as fun as the crx, but still fun. I gave that one back to my brother after I got my next car.

A 1999 acura tl. Now this car was a completely different animal. I loved the power of the v6 and it was only the premium model (225hp 216tq) I enjoyed that car for quite sometime until the tranny blew. The tranny was kinda my fault, I did a tranny flush and possibly over filled it. While on the freeway it spilled its blood and had to have it towed home. So I was at a point of getting another auto trans, or doing the famous 6speed swap. I chose the 6speed. I found an 03 cl type s engine, trans, ecu, gauge cluster, hand brake, center console, shifter assy, and wire harnesses. Total cost was about 3500 and the ride was worth it. Well I lost that car as well in an unfortunate mishap (another long story)

I then started onto dsm's. Started with a 1997 gst which I put a greddy fmic, evo 3 16g turbo, evo 3 ported exhaust mani and o2 housing running at 16 psi, but that one had an aftermarket sunroof that really pissed me off, so I bought a 1996 gst shell and put the 97 engine and trans in the 96. Then I sold that because I wanted an awd platform.

So I bought a 1992 eagle talon tsi awd with a blown engine. I rebuilt the engine myself and drove it for about 3 months till I blew the engine and I am currently in the process of a rebuild. That is my fast car, the one I get to upgrade with all of the things I wish I could do to my accord. However my accord will be more for looks rather then speed since I've read that most bolt ons don't do much. Believe me though I want to mod this engine so bad but I have to remind myself that its not worth it.

Anyway I bought my accord on the 15th of january for 6k. Its a dx which has the non vtec engine, I was kinda dissapointed, but then read that the lack of equipment (less weight) pretty much makes up for the lack of 15 hp.

So my intentions for this car are to replace the black handles with taffeta white ones to match the car, as well as the side molding and mirrors. Then lowering springs, mugen lip kit (replica of course) definitely window tint. And have to have a short shifter lol, this is the highest damn shifter I have ever seen.

So far I have blacked out and clear cornered my headlights, removed the intake resonator, replaced cap and rotor, got rid of the stock tape player and put a pioneer dehp4800 (I think lol) headunit, kenwood amp, and two 12" infinity subs.

Oh and for those interested in my 6speed tl swap my name is murkyriverstl on acurazine.com

Last edited:

eggs

Reaction score
Re: New to the 6gen crowd

welcome to the site sounds like you have some really great plans for the car

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score

welcome tls are always pretty clean..except for these newest generation TLs...idk wtf happened to the rear

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score

Fortunately ronjon designs makes a grill replacement that actually looks decent for the 4th gen tl, however that bis a$$ can use some lypo lol.

Last edited:

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score

Thanks everyone for the welcoming.

Thanks, I like your sig pic. It reminds me of my tl, it was fire pepper red pearl. That car made me love red cars lol.
red cars <3

Welcome!

dont forget to mention the front.

lol the front is just "okayyyyy" but its better than the rear at least lol

Back