Newb Header Install questions

Reaction score
Hey new to the site I have a 2001 Accord EX Coupe With the F23A1 I just bought some Megan headers for my car because the stock manifold has a crack in it and I just had some questions about the install, how hard is it to remove the down pipe bolts I do have a impact if that helps I have also been reading PB blaster will be my best friends on this job is that true and the hardware that holds the manifold to the block looks like it is all bolts except for one stud that has a locking nut is this true any advise would help I got a quote at a shop for 100 bucks to do the job but I'm just worried about them breaking a bolt off in the head and charging me triple the quoted price

Reaction score
Nice video I guess I will take pictures of the bolts on the head to prove there all okay there's not rust and I know I can do the job because I've done harder jobs it's more just being lazy 100 bucks for them to deal with it is not to bad plus the stock down pipe bolts and cat bolts are going to be a b!!!!!

CokeZero

Reaction score
Sorry so use to saying headers I use to own nothing but mustang I just bought one set so header lol

Oh alright, thought you might had the engine code wrong and actually had the v6. Or if you accidentally bought more than 1, I'd took the other off your hands lol.

agginline86

Reaction score
Oh alright, thought you might had the engine code wrong and actually had the v6. Or if you accidentally bought more than 1, I'd took the other off your hands lol.

I've got a set for 4-cyl I wanna sell. PM me

Reaction score
Yeah I got everything I need I took my heat shield off today it turns out it's just nuts on a stud and every single one of them came loose with no problem so I'm just going to do it myself the only tough part is going to be the downpipe but I got some PB blaster

xci.ed6

Reaction score
reuse (still working, lol) head bolts
NEW bolts on header (prolly comes with em, if it uses em)
---
NEW bolts for exhaust!!! From Honda!!!

sometimes reusing exhaust bolts work, sometimes it doesn't.

Can't check 'em, but on a ~15yo car, and rust usually kills 'em, it's up to you.

Reaction score
yeah the kit comes with new hardware the only hardware it does not come with is the locking nuts to the head so I'm going to replace those and use anti seize on everything lol

Back