newbe question about lowering

slaiguy

Reaction score
so im workin w/ my 1st honda (2000 v6 coupe). so far all i have is black halos, and both grilles redone w/ black mesh- all thanks to ebay. i wanna drop the car but i dont wanna break the bank and im new to the imports. i was thinkin jus springs and then somethin else down the road. any advice on brands, pricing, and thoughts would be coo.

nexTOme

Reaction score
well....if money is the problem, id say go with some lowering spring with stock shocks first....

ride it, save some money, get shocks later on.....

it is never good to ride lowering spring+stock shock......

deucescorner

Reaction score
well, it depends on how much you wanna lower. Just remember, even though you save $100 on generic springs you could, and probably will end up spending more to fix the problems it will eventually give you.

Personally I think Eibach Pro-kit is a really good spring, 1.5" drop all around and is stock shock friendly. I think it cost me like $175 new on ebay

dynasty

Reaction score
do you want to go with springs or coil-overs?
if springs, do you want a mild drop or extreme drop? for mild, go with eibach pro-kits or H&R sport. for extreme drop, go with eibach sportlines or H&R race. there's lots more but those ar examples.

for coil-overs, some say Tein SS is good. there's also AMG, Tein Basic, Ground Control, etc.

remember if you have a huge drop, replace your struts with aftermarket ones.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
search next time bro, this topic has been covered many times

+1

But it really depends how low you want to go.

A nice small drop is about 1-1.5 inches.
Eibach or H&R can take care of that for less than 200. You can even use your sock shocks for a while with a good possibility of not needing a camber kit.
The more of a drop you get (the lower U go) the less of a chance you can use your stock shocks and the more of a chance you'll need a camber kit

lwlba

Reaction score
well....if money is the problem, id say go with some lowering spring with stock shocks first....

ride it, save some money, get shocks later on.....

it is never good to ride lowering spring+stock shock......

+1 =) or u can always juz save up for coilovers...for when the shocks go =)

slaiguy

Reaction score
i was thinkin a lil more than 1.5'' in a drop, and i was thinkin about startin w/ jus springs and then workin up to full coilovers etc. i can handle $200 easily, but i jus dont want it to be wasted. i was leanin towards tein-s, but now im thinkin eibach. think of me as clay lookin for a shape/ form to be molded into. all the help and advice is appreciated, so thanks.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
you might need more than $200. remember that once you lower like 2 inches or around there or lower, you might need to invest in some camber kits and an alignment is a must too. so take that into consideration as well.

tein s-techs and eibach sportlines are about the same drop
tein h-techs are similar to eibach pro kit
just look for some good shocks if your planning to go the shock/spring route.
(theres more brands/types out there like Neuspeed and coilover sleeves, etc so look into those as well)
ridin with just springs on stock shocks can be ok until a certain point. then you might experience problems so just get everything at once.

otherwise just wait around until you find a good deal on some coilovers. :thumbsup: but theres nothing wrong with shocks/spring combo.

slaiguy

Reaction score
now does anyone kno a good place to get some springs?

Back