Newbie performance tuning

Devil-V

Reaction score
Click on the link on my signature. It's the same US coupe variant, but RHD with UK specifications.

Would this do the job for a cold air intake?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIX-PERFO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415fe051f8

If I was gonna spend money on power, I'm not looking to get anything more than 10-15% increase, as it starts getting expensive on insurance. But I'm mainly looking at better handling and clean cosmetics.

Would I see some noticable handling differences if I just bought a rear sway bar and front strut bar alone?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sooo..... it's a de-stroked f23? i'm guessing most f23 mods should bolt on to tht motor...

b18lsturbo

Reaction score
wrong no f23 parts will work the f20b motor can only use parts from h22.seeing how the f20b is a 2.0l with a h22 head on it.im pretty sure that the h22 headers bolt up and ebay alot of stuff.im waiting on parts right now from ebay.
ps magnaflow cat. damn this emission where i leave!!!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wrong no f23 parts will work the f20b motor can only use parts from h22.seeing how the f20b is a 2.0l with a h22 head on it.im pretty sure that the h22 headers bolt up and ebay alot of stuff.im waiting on parts right now from ebay.
ps magnaflow cat. damn this emission where i leave!!!

u do know tht there are 2 variations of the f20b right...? SOHC and DOHC :haysm9:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
forgot u was in the uk.is ur a euro r.if so bigger injectors,headers.intake,and chip ur ecu and u should be.well over 200whp to the wheels and thats like a nice 1000us dollors

You do know he doesn't want to spend that much to begin with, plus he isn't focused on those kinds of gains. At least, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Devil-V

Reaction score
I'm personally more interested in better handling and aesthetics.

If I wanted power, I would just buy an Accord Type-R, but I'm not really fond of 4-door sedans.

If I changed to a cold air intake + filter, would I have to change anything to the exhaust system?

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Click on the link on my signature. It's the same US coupe variant, but RHD with UK specifications.

Would this do the job for a cold air intake?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIX-PERFO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415fe051f8

If I was gonna spend money on power, I'm not looking to get anything more than 10-15% increase, as it starts getting expensive on insurance. But I'm mainly looking at better handling and clean cosmetics.

Would I see some noticable handling differences if I just bought a rear sway bar and front strut bar alone?

Insurance companies would dyno your car to see how much hp you have gained? :thinking:

You will see a change with the strut bar and rear sway, just not as much if you added a good suspension setup with them.

If I changed to a cold air intake + filter, would I have to change anything to the exhaust system?

Honestly, a cold air intake is going to give you a little louder sound and maybe a little better top end acceleration. You would not have to change anything in the exhaust system. Save the 100 bucks on an intake and put it toward your suspension.

OP, these are very basic questions that have been answered many times on here. Just use the search function available in the website header. If you have further questions after reading a bit then feel free to ask.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only performance increase you'll see for that money, or that's even worth that money, is suspension. Get a nice setup with a big RSB and have some fun. Really nothing you can do engine-wise.

Back