OBD2=> OBD1 inquiry

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
what does into doing this conversion, what parts are required, and what are the benefits. i was reading Honda Tuning and one of the guys was like if you're not going to do this conversion, you're wasting your time with your car. does installing an AEM override the OBD2 and the 2nd O2 sensor?

HandoEX

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
what does into doing this conversion, what parts are required, and what are the benefits. i was reading Honda Tuning and one of the guys was like if you're not going to do this conversion, you're wasting your time with your car. does installing an AEM override the OBD2 and the 2nd O2 sensor?
I'd guess you'll need an OBD1 ecu like a p28 or p13 and an OBD2b to obd1 wiring harness. Are you auto or manual? Manual conversion harnesses are pretty cheap ($80) but auto conversion harnesses are in the $250 range and I think you'd need to by a transmission control module because in obd1 cars the tcm was separate from the ecu (unlike our cars where they are together).

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
like hando said...

Are u manual or auto?

do u want to change to a manual if u are an auto?

are u planning on buying the whole tuning kit or buying burned chips?

there is some good reading on this on this thread:

Accordingly Done

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get an H22a7 IACV, P28 ecu, OBD2B->OBD1 harness (manual or auto). Probly some additional wiring.

The benefits are if you're pushing a lot of HP and want something better to tune w/, obd1 is the way to go. No AEM does not override the 2nd 02 sensor.

skabone

Reaction score
are you planing on swaping in an H22 or are you going to run a turbo? that should be the only reason to consider going to OBDI.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i'm not doing any yet. like i said i am asking for general knowledge. never hurts to master knowing what does what.

Back