Odd dash light/brake light issue

lmazing86

Reaction score
i have roughly the same issue with my light haha. when ever i get on the gas or speed up, my brake light(e-brake) turns on, then turns off. still havent found a problem though :boo:

If it's your e-brake light check your brake fluid level and if that is fine check the resistance of the master cylinder reservoir cap. It should be something around 20 M-Ohms when empty and 6-7 Ohms when full. I had this same problem recently and it ended up being the cap. Found one at a junkyard for $5.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
thanks guys, my "maintenence req'd" light just came on too :thinking:

going to check the code today, my dad has a code reader somewhere haha

juv290

Reaction score
thanks guys, my "maintenence req'd" light just came on too :thinking:

going to check the code today, my dad has a code reader somewhere haha

thats just a reminder from the dealer to go in for maintenece comes on every like 70k - 90k miles or so u can turn it off yourself

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
yeah man the maintenance req'd light is just a dummy light. its nothing code related. comes on every 5k miles

Audiobox

Reaction score
Got my car inspected and on the road today! Had it for 14 months without being able to drive it, lol. Ive always wanted a 6th gen so I held out and fixed a lot of things on it. Last thing I bought for it were 2 new tires :D. Enjoying how it drives so far, its a little floatier then my old cb7 but a little suspension upgrade should fix that, lol.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me with my issues! Appreciate it!

Dat99accord

Reaction score
i have roughly the same issue with my light haha. when ever i get on the gas or speed up, my brake light(e-brake) turns on, then turns off. still havent found a problem though :boo:

I got the same problem!:furious: idk whats wrong too haha:thinking:

Dat99accord

Reaction score
If it's your e-brake light check your brake fluid level and if that is fine check the resistance of the master cylinder reservoir cap. It should be something around 20 M-Ohms when empty and 6-7 Ohms when full. I had this same problem recently and it ended up being the cap. Found one at a junkyard for $5.

:omgbd:

10secvtec

Reaction score
the alternator might want to go bad this happend to me not to long ago. all the dash lights turned on then while i was driving the radio turned on and off and iwas like wtf then the a/c started to blow hot air then dash turned of but i was still driving .then the tranny bagan to seem like if it was slipping thank god i was real close to my house when it happened. i thought it was a fuse to but they were all good. come to find out it was the alternator. then it killed my battery. but thats all fixed now you should take your alternator to autozone so they could check it theyll tell you if its bad or not.

ejreams

Reaction score
90% of the time I see these threads its because of the fluid being low in the brake res, there is a sensor for it to tell you its getting low.

Its rarely because of a leak, its from your pads wearing low, its a warning.

Back