off to the state ref today!

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
i hope it all goes well. any last couple hour suggestions before I go??
appointment today is at 1220.

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys. i failed my inspection. my j35 fully built custom turbo 6spd swap didnt pass.
JK!!! I passed the visual and smog. I get to drive my car again and it feels so good.
The guys there were pretty cool. They had me worried though because during the smog test the guy in my car kept shaking his head as if something was wrong. The one outside of the car was saying stuff as though i didnt pass. He said something about leak? and he can smell?? i dont know but I passed.
Again this was for a Modified emissions ticket. I just have to pay a $8.25 fee for the inspection.
Now i have to go to court and i'm hoping i don't have to pay for the ticket since I passed.:rock:

lwlba

Reaction score
nice! so they smogged it? or just visually inspected it? inside AND outside the car?

Last edited:

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
they did a visual outside and they looked inside for the obd thingy. they also looked under my car, i think he was looking at the cat or something. He did a more thorough check under my hood checking wires plugs and stuff. he didnt use a sniffer. just a flash light haha. he was pretty cool. he wasnt a prick or anything like that. and after the visual they did a smog. oh and he scanned the inside of my car for the vin #. ummm... thats about it. he also asked me what i got a ticket for. i said i dont know, some filter haha. then i said, " but i had an AEM cold air intake." then he said, "you should have just left it on." haha i dont know if he was being sarcastic or not.

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
lol, at "you should have just left it on" well it's better safe than sorry! haha. When you go to court, you just have to show them your inspection papers and you pay $10.00 for the fix-it ticket.

Back