OK HELP with Skunk2 coilover sleeve plz

kn106518

Reaction score
ok So after 3 weeks of waiting my freaking skunk2 coilover sleeve finally came today.
But with a ****ing problem. on outside the box that i got it say the PART # is 517-05-0700 Honda Prelude 92-01.

and the print # on the FRONT spring is 0700.250.10s. i think it mean 7in height and 10kg/mm spring rate. (however, i check the skunk2 website, the accord 98-02 4cyl has the same 0700.250.10s. NOW THE **** UP IS THE rear spring.

The Rear Spring is 800.250.8s. 8in height and 8kg/mm spring rate. But the accord 98-02 4cyl is 700.250.6. THE PRELUDE SPRING THAT I GOT is 1in Higher but at least the good thing is i get 2kg/mm stronger.

Now my question is this. CAN I USE THE SPRINGS FOR MY Accord 99 4cyl sedan or not?
PLZ IF someone can help me that would be great. plz i'm in desperate time here. I don't want to install it on my car, and i can't return it. if someone can give me just a reasonable answer. THANK YOU THANK YOU

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well the rear is usually longer than the front to acommidate the bigger wheel well... in the front u have the engine bay that stops right there but in the back it goes all the way up to the rear seat headliner... i think that it sounds right or you might be off better... i dunno about slamming it but it will work..

i actually dont understand why the rear isnt longer to begin with if its a 7 inch because the 7f 7r will give u the boat

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Well if the front one is the same height,has the same spring rate, it should fit like a glove, but idk about the rear one, sounds like a ****-up on their part if the box says prelude. btw I think this is in the wrong section

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Yes, you can. I had the same problem and called Skunk2, they told me the numbers were a typo error. I installed the springs, and everything went fine. Granted the springs look like they don't belong on our car, but they actually do. They are smaller than factory and even lowering springs.

Trust me, it will fit.

kn106518

Reaction score
ok that solve the fitment problem, but how about if i want to have just 1 to 1 1/2 figure gap in the rear, will this spring give me that?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
ok that solve the fitment problem, but how about if i want to have just 1 to 1 1/2 figure gap in the rear, will this spring give me that?

I'm on the Skunk 2 Sleeves, and I'm barely tucked in the rear with about an inch of thread left on the sleeve. If I cranked them all the way down in the rear I'd probably be tucking wheel.

Are you using aftermarket struts with these?

Back