Old Boat Creaking sound from right side of car???

chomorro21

Reaction score
I fixed my front suspension noise and now its time to work on this noise. It has been going on for about a month now. When turning right into some drive ways or streets i get a loud "Oil Boat Creaking" sound from the bottom right of the car somewhere. I thought at first it was just because someone heavy was in the passenger seat but now it is happening without any passengers even when going slow. I havent had chance to jack up the rear yet but i thought myabe somone on here had the same problem at one point :). Thanks in advance.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
i have the same problem, havnt fixed it yet. but try getting an alignment, it might help.

chomorro21

Reaction score
PROJECT H said:
i have the same problem, havnt fixed it yet. but try getting an alignment, it might help.
Well i had an alignment about 5 months ago, have you taking it to the mechanic to see whats wrong with it yet?? I want to fix it myself if possible, im broke as hell...

xluben

Reaction score
i have the type of sound on oem suspension.

i'm hoping it will go away when i put in my new springs/shocks.

chomorro21

Reaction score
Well i have new rear springs on the car already and a set of new rear shocks i havent got around to installing yet. When i install if the sound goes away i will let you guys know. I might do it on tuesday depending on if i want to go to class or not LOL. Or maybe today who knows....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like old or dried out rubber bushings/mounts. I know my rear uppers used to do this. Oil them bitches.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
^ thats wut i was thinkin abt in my 1st post! just couldnt remember wut it was. hahaha...

so how do u access these rubber bushings/mounts?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pop the hood, turn the wheel all the way to one side. Remove the rear deck or just pull up a corner.

Back