OldNo7_CG2's 6MT Swapped SSM CG2

Drewfus88

Reaction score
Re: 01 AV6 Coupe 6MT Swap Finally

Hey did you have use Richie's special wiring harness I've been hearing about? I've been debating this swap over an h22 swap but I like the V6 a lot.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
01 AV6 Coupe 6MT Swap Finally

What motor do you have in your car now?

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

If you look at an i4 and v6 engine bay they are complete opposites. You would need motor trans cradle rack n pinion harness ps pump alternator swap all hoses new radiator it's more of a hassle. I would just keep the j30 and swap in a 6speed

Drewfus88

Reaction score

I looked at all the post from 6 speed obsession. I don't think I'll ever be able to get one of those wiring harnesses. Cl harness and ecu seems just as hard to get a hold of. So what you think easier just going with H22? Down sizing I know.

Drewfus88

Reaction score

Just ignor the question it's hard to post on my phone but yeah I see in the end I'll be spending about the same but less power and one less gear.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

Negative you'll spend more money on h22 crap plus you'll need to weld in a side motor mount bracket. I have a cl dash Harness for sale that plugs into ecu. Some guy on j32a is selling an ecu for 400 you'd just need to swap the crank sensor and gear and cam sensors and gear and get a sensor drilled and tappe onto the clutch housing. But I
Driving my accord right now just on auto harness and ecu. But my flywheel is from 03cls and most of your parts you need can cross over to Honda for cheaper prices

Drewfus88

Reaction score

I found a cl type s tranny but not sure if I'll be able to find the ecu, harness, and sensors. Any suggestion?

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

Bro if you can get the trans get it. Very rare. Then piece it together. Cls flywheel and clutch shifter cables and box you'll be good drive it like it is till you can swap all your parts over to true manual

Back