OldNo7_CG2's 6MT Swapped SSM CG2

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
01 AV6 Coupe 6MT Swap Finally

That auto trans is a ****box. I sold mine while it was still good

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

Yeah VTec you won't have till you swap to true manual. No speedo reverse lock out and all your lights will be on. Tach works but it's really not that bad to deal with

Drewfus88

Reaction score
Re: 01 AV6 Coupe 6MT Swap Finally

Well thanks for the info. When I get that tranny I'll try to get a hold of you. Hopefully you still have it.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

I would jump on that trans ASAP I saw one on eBay with clutch and flywheel and trans mounts for 1300 I wish I woulda got that

crazyLazy

Reaction score

Hey Kaotic, any updates?? Are you out of limp mode yet? I too have been piecing together parts for my 01 coupe and have opted for the TL 6MT. I've been studying various wiring diagrams for the past month to figure a way around using Richie's Harness. You've been my inspiration thus far :thumbsup:

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

Hey Kaotic, any updates?? Are you out of limp mode yet? I too have been piecing together parts for my 01 coupe and have opted for the TL 6MT. I've been studying various wiring diagrams for the past month to figure a way around using Richie's Harness. You've been my inspiration thus far :thumbsup:

i plan on going aem ems2 in a few months. i had all the true manual parts and my car wouldnt throw spark wasnt reading the crank sensor at the timing cover lost patience and had some issues needed my car back on the road so i put all the auto ecu and harness back in and traded a kid for richies module. i wired richies module to an extension harness and i have full rev limit with vtec and speedo working but still have check engine srs and tcs with j30 ecu. i have a code for secondary o2 sensor failure and one for the auto trans failure. im going to clean the carbon off the o2 if it doesnt clear the check engine light ill swap the sensor for a new one and see if that works

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

i plan on going aem ems2 in a few months. i had all the true manual parts and my car wouldnt throw spark wasnt reading the crank sensor at the timing cover lost patience and had some issues needed my car back on the road so i put all the auto ecu and harness back in and traded a kid for richies module. i wired richies module to an extension harness and i have full rev limit with vtec and speedo working but still have check engine srs and tcs with j30 ecu. i have a code for secondary o2 sensor failure and one for the auto trans failure. im going to clean the carbon off the o2 if it doesnt clear the check engine light ill swap the sensor for a new one and see if that works

just make the switch to aem, i never had richies harness fully working. bring the car over to my shop, well set it up for you and tune the crap out of it. ;) comptechv6, tom, and bkztaffeta, xavier, are coming to my shop too now.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

I'm planning on the aem once I swap in a type a for now then ill swing thru and get it tuned. The harness works it's just I think my o2 sensor is causing the issue. Well see after this weather clears up

Back