One problem after another...its a semi long story

Ric Rock

Reaction score
so today i went and got my oil changed....now typically i do it myself but today i decided to be a lazy a$$ and go to one of those valvoline drive through places to give them a shot and pay some random joes to change my oil...all goes well i pay like $30 and i drive about 3 miles down and i get this burnt smell going through my vents...ignored it cuz the temp was cool drive was smooth...

15 miles later i see white smoke coming from under my hood. immediately pull over and check the engine temp which was fine and popped the hood open to find that nothing was out of the ordinary.

white smoke was coming from the engine coolant was full, now i checked my oil and found like black residue in the oil stick...i was starting to think those dumb idiots ****ed $hit up by doing a crappy job of changing my oil.

i drop my plans and decide to head home to trouble shoot more. i end up in stop and go traffic and my engine starts to over heat!!!! luckily i caught the temp gauge pin rising immediately pulled over turned the hazards on and cranked the heater on full blast and began waiting for the temp to go down.

popped the hood and to my amazement i had no coolant in the container!!! waited and waited thinking that coolant would slowly fill back up as my car cooled down. i called my buddy to come by and bring me pre mixed coolant...even more bad luck my buddy gets stuck in this damn rush hour traffic and doesnt get to me for 2 hours. to make things worse he effin bought the wrong coolant.

does anyone know why the coolant leaked out?? all the hoses are cool no cracks or breaks and the radiator isnt leaking anywhere. theres no trace either of where the coolant leaked thru... maybe i didnt see it cuz it was raining and everything was lookin wet where it could of leaked.

it gets better tow truck guy shows up to move my car off the freeway almost an hour later and as he gets my car up onto his flat bed tow truck he ****ing breaks my mugen lip in half like the dumb idiot i expected him to be and decides to not charge me anything to tow my car.

so to end it all i finally get my coolant in my car and get going. about three stop lights away my car starts sputtering it jumped and hella shifted bad between 1st to 2nd gear it jerked like someone pulled my car back and pushed it forward people would say my tranny slipped but i know what that feels like, this type of jerk was more aggressive than a slip that ive experienced....now my check engine light is on.

i plan to take my car into a local shop tomorrow to get checked out...

can anyone shed some light on what went wrong with my car today?

*if these are super noob questions thats an easy fix for all the things i mentioned sorry you jerks out there who plan to tell me to search ftw.:squintfinger: i warned you its kindah a long story

iHazSnail

Reaction score
a radiator leak or maybe for whatever reason they decided to flush the coolant and "forgot" to top it off?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Sounds like you went to a shady car place.... now that you are suddenly having all of these "problems" they probably think you will bring the car to them to be fixed so they can rape you on labor and parts for something that they did.... just what i think happened.... hence i don't trust anyone to work on my car... and if i have to give in.. i will basically stand there the whole time watching what they do.... call me a little overprotective if you must but you cant trust shops now a days

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should've just turned around and asked them WTF they did to your car. As long as you have a receipt, they should pay for it.

Fuzz

Reaction score
It might be that the dumbass thought the drain plug on the rad was for the oil lol.

How much fluid did you put in the rad.

BTW... You can always run over to the nearest gas station and put water into the rad. You don't NEED Anti-Freeze in there during the summer. (Coolant is 1/2 water, Half Anti-Freeze). Just remember to drain the rad and put some mixed back in after you get home.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
soooo it turns out my fans work here and there and when i was in rush hour traffic the fans stopped working and my engine started to heat up...now i was able to turn off my car before it heated up all the way...what are the chances that my engine internals are effed up??

when i warmed up my car today it idled a little weird but when i drove it drove fine, i didnt push it tho...if my car was driveable to the shop is it possible that my engine internals are effed up from the overheating that happened yesterday??

after yesterdays effin experience i plan to never let anyone else do maintenance to my car...but me

Back