Overheating Issues, Need thoughts

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
thermostat should be the problem. btw, i just learned about spark plugs so i wana ask if you did any changes to your spark plugs? having a different than oem spec spark plug can cause overheating and mechanical damages due to the "extra" heat in socal :hide:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
thermostat should be the problem. btw, i just learned about spark plugs so i wana ask if you did any changes to your spark plugs? having a different than oem spec spark plug can cause overheating and mechanical damages due to the "extra" heat in socal :hide:

Mr. UTI finally chimes in :hide:

freelucien

Reaction score

yeah, NGK Platinums

freelucien

Reaction score
changed t-stat, rad res still not holding pressure, still steaming... should i drains and reput more coolant and see how it holds up?

or do you think it could be my rad res tank that is causing the issues, everything else is fine.. just the reserve tank pressure.

Last edited:

freelucien

Reaction score
Found out what it was, one it was the T-stat it was about 3-4 years old, and also my radiator cap, it wasn't holding enough pressure thus wasting coolant. Also it was way past due for a radiator cap change as it was about 8-10 yrs old.

thanks all

:naughtyrun:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Try using distilled water, its pure so it wont boil and evap. But if your using 50 50 coolant I dont see hwy it should evaporate anyways

finch13

Reaction score
For the record, our cars don't have pressurized reserve tanks (hence the name) otherwise it would be a surge tank. You think that wimpy hose connecting it to the radiator can hold 15 pounds of pressure? It doesn't even have clamps...

Back