p1457 evap code

tnguyen600

Reaction score
sorry for the bump but I just got this code as well.

Should I just skip all the bs and hassle and order the canister and valve from TAS or attempt to salvage what I can? It's safe to say this is the only thing I need to do for the 1457 code?

J30MAN

Reaction score
Same here. Have had the code for about a year. Failed my test today because I cleared the code and unplugged my battery :hide:.

If there is damage and you do not replace the PCM, the CEL will never go away,
So pretty much the code will have embedded itself in the system? And won't go away even if cleared with a scanner?

http://www.tasauto.com/Purchase/ViewCart.aspx And does this look to be about right?

Last edited:

clempot911

Reaction score
sorry for the bump but I just got this code as well.

Should I just skip all the bs and hassle and order the canister and valve from TAS or attempt to salvage what I can? It's safe to say this is the only thing I need to do for the 1457 code?

The canisters hardly ever fail. What can happen is the 2 screws that hold the canister shut valve can seize. I would try getting the screws out first. Why replace a good part if you don't have to?

Same here. Have had the code for about a year. Failed my test today because I cleared the code and unplugged my battery :hide:.

So pretty much the code will have embedded itself in the system? And won't go away even if cleared with a scanner?

http://www.tasauto.com/Purchase/ViewCart.aspx And does this look to be about right?

No, it's not imbedded. The PCM runs a diagnostic on the EVAP system when the conditions are right. If the output transistor for one of the valves/solenoids in the system is damaged, the PCM will not be able to activate it, so even if fix the problem and clear the CEL, it will fail the diagnostic.

Last edited:

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
i got mine fixed by changing the bypass valve and the bypass solenoid. even though my canister vent shut valve was lookin like...

pq1y.jpg

I have a 2002 accord coupe. I noticed many people with 98/99/00 models who had the evap code needed a canister vent shut, while many 2002 models needed the bypass solenoid

Back