paint shop

Raymond

Reaction score
$300 to paint a fender and not even have the paint match is a horrible price. Look elsewhere dude.

Yes, it's going to be hard to match. After my accident I can't stand how my car looks because the front of the car is a shade darker than the rest and it bothers the crap out of me, now I want to paint the whole car just so it will all be even. With white it will be hard to notice though, I'd just take it to whoever's cheapest IMO

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yea thats what im planning on doing. im still looking around. friend told me bout macco, said they do a good job for bout 100, so imma go check that out. if any of you socals guys(around santa ana) know anyone who does a good/cheap job lemme know.

lwlba

Reaction score
imo 300 is abit overpriced. i guess it's okay if it's a shop, but u can definitely find ppl to do it for cheaper. heck, it's just fender. it's almost flat. diy that **** lol

DrOwZee

Reaction score
imo 300 is abit overpriced. i guess it's okay if it's a shop, but u can definitely find ppl to do it for cheaper. heck, it's just fender. it's almost flat. diy that **** lol

lol. i dnt trust myself with these kind of DIY yet haha

leviathann

Reaction score
Color matching is an art....One of the guys that I knew from the body shop could add some pigments to the paint and come up with a superb match.

My advice..and from experience. Don't use the color code from the car (only use it as a reference. Take the gas cap off, wax it and take it to a auto paint supply store. They will use the color match computer to match the color on the gas cap.

Matching is affected by how old your paint is and whether or not it has been repainted.

Usually it is a god idea after installing the new fender to compund and polish the whole side of the car........

Most difficult to match....red, green, blue......

BTW $300 IS A BIT MUCH!!! Especially if it is a body shop....they already have the reducer, clear and materials(cause of course they buy in bulk) and most use ppg so it is relative inexpensive. It is a new fender so it is just prep,prime, base and clear coat!!!! of course....just my 5 cents!!!

Back