painting car... opinions

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
well i'm thinking of a good color scheme, since i will be sticking with the green... maybe gold wheels and gold emblems with some sweet vtec decals (lol on the last one) and def a 6ga decal:rock:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
well i'm thinking of a good color scheme, since i will be sticking with the green... maybe gold wheels and gold emblems with some sweet vtec decals (lol on the last one) and def a 6ga decal:rock:

Yah green is cool. But seriously dude, if you only have like $800. Your better off buying or renting the compressor gun and buying the paint you want. Even if you have to rent a paint booth, you will probably stay under 800 bucks and ur paint will probably look better than someone else doing it.

Stage one paint is good for the newb, its everything in the can. Including clear coat, just spray and let dry. Preping your car is the pain, painting is what takes finesse. You dont want to over spray, and you want to let the paint dry in between coats.

kn0x47

Reaction score
cf hood, and vinyl for the roof.

+1

if you're not going to paint the door seams, leave it green. just getting the hood and roof recleared would probably be the cheapest and it'd keep the original paint. then just keep the car waxed

ejreams

Reaction score
+1

if you're not going to paint the door seams, leave it green. just getting the hood and roof recleared would probably be the cheapest and it'd keep the original paint. then just keep the car waxed

True that, and if I had $800 ready I'd be keepin an eye out for a decent CF hood regardless. lol

xx24xx

Reaction score
If your car is exposed to a lot of sun light then silver is the best color, or at least in my opinion. It doesn't fade as fast as red, easier to maintain than black, doesn't show dirt as much and shines very nice.

If your not gonna paint door jams, engine compartment, etc. just DIY the hood and roof yourself. A decent paint shop will charge you about $800 though. Then detail it with a good polymer wax once every 6 months or so and your golden.

arise257

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a paint booth basically a tent with ventilation ducts?

At any rate. Listen to these guys. Stick with your green paint and just get those two faded parts fixed up. Don't cheap out, you'll kick yourself when you have to repaint again in a year.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a paint booth basically a tent with ventilation ducts?

At any rate. Listen to these guys. Stick with your green paint and just get those two faded parts fixed up. Don't cheap out, you'll kick yourself when you have to repaint again in a year.

yes in some what..but it also bakes the paint to temps of 200+degrees.

But i re-cleared my hood in the open back yard.
CIMG1850.jpg

I painted my car in a somewhat enclosed car-port:
CIMG1147.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have actually seen some decent $800 paint jobs but actually finding a shop to do it will be challenging. The difference between a decent $800 paint job and what you will probably get for your money is HUGE. Now $1500 or so can get you pretty far but again, you may not be happy, most people spend atleast 3k to get exactly what they want.

As much as I am all for DIY, I don't know that I am OK with painting a car, especially outside. Even though paint is becoming environmentally safer, it still is bad stuff. I am not a green freak or anything but even using my airbrush, once I take my mask off, I am always a bit shocked at how much I can smell in the air. Then again, I probably have spray painted/air brushed enough things to cover more than a few cars so I am guilty too.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
lol 3 grand for a paint job is a joke..3,000 will get a z3 painted. a 100% legit, taking everything apart, full prep, paint, colorsand/polish and guarantied to last life of car is a good 7000-8000 on a basic car..... fyi ;)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
lol 3 grand for a paint job is a joke..3,000 will get a z3 painted. a 100% legit, taking everything apart, full prep, paint, colorsand/polish and guarantied to last life of car is a good 7000-8000 on a basic car..... fyi ;)

Unfortunately, this is the cost of many CG's already.......

Back