painting car... opinions

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the cost of many CG's already.......

which is why its not worth it on a 10 yr old car.. unless ur like me, and work at a crazy body shop and put ENTIRELY TOO MUCH MONEY INTO THIS ****ING CAR lol

people always ask how i keep my car so shiney... the difference betweena 3,000 paint job, and a 8,000 paint job

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
a cf hood seems like an okay option, but i haven't done any cosmetic exterior modifications yet (lip kit in near-ish future) so a cf hood would look a little ricey. I wanted to get the paint done first before i got wheels and the such... so im kinda (gives unsure hand gesture):thinking:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
which is why its not worth it on a 10 yr old car.. unless ur like me, and work at a crazy body shop and put ENTIRELY TOO MUCH MONEY INTO THIS ****ING CAR lol

people always ask how i keep my car so shiney... the difference betweena 3,000 paint job, and a 8,000 paint job

I think we all have put too much money in to our cars, Mike.

Hard to let them go after all that too....yours is one of the few that has been through some tough times and you STILL are improving it!

Guess there is never a right time to just walk away...........

SykVSyx

Reaction score
a cf hood seems like an okay option, but i haven't done any cosmetic exterior modifications yet (lip kit in near-ish future) so a cf hood would look a little ricey. I wanted to get the paint done first before i got wheels and the such... so im kinda (gives unsure hand gesture):thinking:

Not true, can't remember his S/N, but he has the DEP sedan(did the Pre Car Show thread), he has a CF hood and no lip kit.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
actually the more i think about it the more i am leaning to buy a cf hood... so would it best to have it professionally installed or diy, and around how much would it cost on average to have it done professionally??

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
actually the more i think about it the more i am leaning to buy a cf hood... so would it best to have it professionally installed or diy, and around how much would it cost on average to have it done professionally??

Dude, its pretty self explanatory. The way the hood comes off, will be put on the same way. :thumbsup:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Take your car over to M.O.B. Works in Orange, CA - talk to Miguel and get an estimate. Tell him Ken sent you. He can probably do a nice stage 2 for about $1000 if you body is straight. I'm sure less for a standard job.

http://www.mobworks.com/

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
Take your car over to M.O.B. Works in Orange, CA - talk to Miguel and get an estimate. Tell him Ken sent you. He can probably do a nice stage 2 for about $1000 if you body is straight. I'm sure less for a standard job.

http://www.mobworks.com/

thanks for the referral, but im just gonna stick to the seibon cf hood (prob would have got one sooner or later), my buddy says he'll help me with it, but thanks all the same. Im starting to dig the green gonna with gold accents

Back