Painting High Beam Reflectors Yellow

98acclude

Reaction score
I would jus like to say thanx guys cause this helped me out alot with recently painting my highbeam reflectors yellow... it lookes really good the only problem I have is they're not quite as bright as they used to be... but that doesnt bother me too much... should I maybe jus buy a better pair of lights? cause I love the look and wouldnt change a thing I jus would like it a lil brighter

98acclude

Reaction score
yeah I figured that.. lol I just dunno what brand I should go with cause I dont want them to be just as bright as stock... know what I mean?

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
How many coats of paint did u spray.......? I did like 4 coats of the yellow and 3 coats of clear coat..... mine shines bright enough yellow......

98acclude

Reaction score
oh really?? lol I think I did like 5 or 6 with out a clear coat over it... damn I suck again I'm gonna have to pull them ****s apart for the 3rd time... haha that's what's up though... thanx guys.

twofast4u

Reaction score
wow this is a really good read. Now I'd hate to ask a question on top of another question, but...

1. If I paint my high beams yellow and put in 3000k HID's will they still be yellow?

2. I found my second set of headlights at a buddy's garage out back in a mud puddle....he said I could have it. I took them apart today and the reflector looks abit corroded. Will that effect the light output? or should i just paint it with chrome paint?

Here are some pics of what im talking about

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

thanks

Back