Pardie's 01 V6 Coupe

Pardie

Reaction score
'01-'02

The car is coming along nicely. I like the personal touches. The Batman emblem is a nice change from the Transformer/Decepticon ones I see everywhere.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. Mine is an 01 so I have red needles. Hey it means a lot to hear you say my car is coming along nicely. I need to update my future mods lost and actually I'm on my way out to put in some led license plate bulbs so I will update again in a bit with some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking about putting a DIY for it since I took enough pictures too. I know it's very different than the tape method. I would say the tape method is much safer but if you are very careful and meticulous the paint can look better. I will say though that after removing my needles and putting them back on, they don't move as smoothly as they did. It isn't very noticeable, but if you watch the rev or speed needle you can see it sometimes. Why don't you use the stock needles from a coupe? They are red

Oh snap! I had no idea. I was changing the needles on my brother's 00 Accord sedan since he doesn't drive it anymore and was going to swap them over to my car. Definitely going to replace the needles with the coupe now. Thanks Pardie!:D

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pardie

Reaction score
Haha no problem. It's impossible to find just the needles online though. I had to buy a broken instrument cluster.

Pardie

Reaction score
put in the LED license plate bulbs. pair of 194 2Smd, if i am not mistaken, sourced from Diode Dynamics. Actually got a code for free shipping from one of there reps and it got here faster than i thought. total of maybe $9.

too bright for my taste at first
plefJomsj

put some paper in for filters and got the brightness down to my liking, however it is more noticeable that there are two bulbs. meaning, you can see the division in the light they cast more clearly.
plnGhKCOj

Pardie

Reaction score
Sorry for the long absence in posts, I had planned to have my dual exhaust done by now but s few things have taken priority. This winter destroyed my wipers so I'm getting new wiper arms and linkage ($150) and I need new tires as well. I'm looking at a couple tire options right now, I need a good summer performance tire that does well in the wet too and preferably very little road noise. I have been using Falken for a few years and like it but I'm not super impressed. I will post more about the tires after my wiper parts come in. Oh and I'm on stock wheels.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Best summer tire I ever owned was Toyo T1R. Even with a 50 sidewall those things were like riding on rails. Though I haven't really pushed the Potenza RE760's I have now, so they could be just as good. Anyway good luck with the search!

Pardie

Reaction score
Thanks! Did you have to drive in wet conditions? The roads where I live don't "flood" but there is usually 1/8 to 1/4 inch of standing wayer

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
What's wrong with your pics?? They're all N/A, and I wanna see them!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks! Did you have to drive in wet conditions? The roads where I live don't "flood" but there is usually 1/8 to 1/4 inch of standing wayer

The T1R tread pattern really lends itself to siphening the water out and away. I had a good experience in the wet.

Back