Photography Shoutbox

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Hey guys lately I've had to shoot in a lot of locations where the lighting hasn't been great. My pics have suffered and most come out very very grainy. What can I do to change that?

Here is a link to some of my pics that I was really disappointed with http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=732018&postcount=18

Usually if pics are grainy you should try shooting at a lower iso. Experiment with your camera to find the highest iso that still produces pictures you're happy with and then try to stay at or below that level.

Your white balance seems off in those pictures as well, you could color correct in pp or if you were in auto maybe try being more proactive with the settings.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Thanks Cody, I'm thinkin' I had the Iso too high :thinking:

I was shooting 1/400 or so with f4.5 and the iso was around 800 so I prob should have gone 400 or lower with it. I'll try that next time

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
weren't you using a tripod? in that case, unless you're trying to freeze motion, low ISO everytime.

dynamic range goes down with higher ISOs, as well. shooting wide-open or near wide-open on most lenses is bad for sharpness too. and lens sharpness decreases with distance. theres a lot of no-wins in photography :lawl:

i cringed when i saw that location :skurred: exposure bracketing then stacking the pics together (but not HDR tone mapping :madrun:) would have been a good solution.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, i want to get a t2i, but im not going to get that until i have a macbook pro. i just have to wait/save up a little longer, then i can get both haha.​

Back