Piston Rings For Boost

Snoobly

Reaction score
What Piston rings are most of you boosted people running? Still the stock ones or did any of you go aftermarket?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ryan, unless it's a stock block which typically only handles 7-10psi with stock rings, the rings should always be aftermarket for boost. Most kits such as Wiseco, CP, Crower, Arias, etc. come with rings specifically for them. I Bought used CP pistons way back from Erik123456789, that he got from RaceEng. I am going to just buy new replacement rings for them, also probably from RaceEng. I would try calling them and inquiring, they have custom sized rings for race specs. What pistons are you planning on using?

Snoobly

Reaction score
I really am not sure. I'm still only running 8 lbs, but I still get more blow by than i am comfortable with. I want to keep running stock pistons until after college, So I'm kinda in a pickle. Maybe, I'll try giving the companies you mentioned a call. Are you having pretty good luck with those CPs? What kinda boost are you running on them again??

LeoY

Reaction score
I'm very new here. So I hope it's ok if I chime in. Just wanted to say that coming from the MX, CP makes great pistons, some of the best. Don't know how they are for our cars though, someone else can answer that here =)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
CP are some of the best for our vehicles. The rings are where it counts though, at least with the F23's.

I have not actually ran the CP pistons yet :hide: (I'm well overdue I know I know), but every other boosted Accord owner that I know who has used them, had great feedback with the performance.

If you're in a bind Ryan and you want to wait until you're settled in to blow them stock rings, keep doing what you're doing, and you should be good to get through school. The mistake I made was getting a higher boost tune (11psi) on stock rings, with no backup options, while I was in college, then you know the rest.. Didn't turn out well. At least I never gave up and it will be back badder than ever one of these days! I just keep ordering more and more optimal and rare parts for the car haha, thing will be even more outfitted than it was in the past, by the time Benson does the block. :Rock on:

akoutmos

Reaction score
I was running stock block at 15psi for quite a while. But then again i have the A5 motor which runs slightly lower compression than the other F motors. Either way, blow by didn't seem to be a big problem and the motor kept it together at 15 pounds for a while.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Lol well I have another set of stock rings I could toss in the car for now... But maybe ill just blow my tax return on a set of CP Pistons and rings... haha! Good info guys, Thanks a bunch!

Back