Playing Burned Cds in Stock Headunit. What brand CD-R??

naoandlata

Reaction score
Hopefully you won't get your cd's stuck in there like I did. It got to a point where I was sick of removing the head unit out of the car to get a cd out that I just got an aftermarket one. It'll save you from getting a head ache imho

nyknick1015

Reaction score
all types of CD's should work, its all just how u burn the disc. burn it as an audio CD on any CD-R it should work, ive never had any problem...

burn the music as DATA on the CD and thats when you need an aftermarket CD player that plays the MP3 or even WMA File format

xxpatxx

Reaction score
Hey NYKNICK. I thougt that was the case but I have tried using multipule programs to create an audio cd ( not mp3, or wma) and still have had no luck. I have had no luck with the sony or verbatim no matter what program I use. Memorex (not maxell as I had said earlier... My bad) will play however it takes forever to start at first or between songs. It does this with memorex cds made in Meida player, Itunes and also roxio cd burn program. Have also tried TDK with no luck. Havent had a chance to try maxell or phillips yet but if those dont work could there be an issue with my CD player? it plays store cds without any problem.

Also on a side note... is there any easy way to hook up an ipod to the cd player? I assume you would have to hook into factory wiring and make it think its a tape changer or multi cd changer?? Im really just gettin to the point of goin aftermarket again.

Thanks again for everyones help.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Don't know if this applies, but try burning at a slower speed. Usually 16x or slower is recommended for compatibility.

yoseppi

Reaction score
I've had all these same issues, minus it getting stuck inside. Tried a few different brands, tried burning at 2x. Still have issues with the 98-00 CD Players. The 2001-02 cd players never give me any problems though?

Back